• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Restore my interest in console gaming, GAF.

Diablos

Outside of the PC, I stay away from gaming. My PS2 and XBox collect dust. Not because I hate gaming, though -- it's just that I feel like there are no good games out for the console right now. This gen really sucks. But it's been so long, I could be misinformed.

So... give me say, one or two suggestions for each type of game: Action, Racing, Sports, RPG, etc.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Go back and play all your old favorites and get as far from these forums as possible. GAF can suck all the fun out of gaming.

olimario

Banned
You need to grab all 3 systems and all of the unique, innovative, and old school titles for them.

GAMECUBE
Super Monkey Ball 1,2
Pikmin 1,2
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (coming in 2005)
Viewtiful Joe 1,2

PS2
Katamari Damacy (September 20)
Rez
MegaMan Anniversary Collection

XBOX
XBOX Arcade
Metal Slug 3

I'm not thinking well right now, so people please help out.

Triumph

Banned
Don't listen to the people telling you to go with the weird niche stuff, Diablos. Just get Burnout 3 and flip their monkey asses the bird. Do it as hard as you possibly can, and smoke while you do it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Raoul Duke said:
Don't listen to the people telling you to go with the weird niche stuff, Diablos. Just get Burnout 3 and flip their monkey asses the bird. Do it as hard as you possibly can, and smoke while you do it.

He speaks the truth

Mrbob

I agree with Burnout 3. Many times if I get sick of gaming in one way or another, a short burst of gaming like Burnout 3 can provide is the ticket. Not much thinking involved, just rev the engine and let loose! Monkey Ball would be a good choice too. Something simple and easy to play. A game that doesn't require much thought and dedicated time.

olimario

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
I feel the opposite, my pc is collecting dust while the consoles get lots of play time.

I feel the same way you do because I feel console games innovate and evolve a lot faster than PC games. It may not be the absolute truth, but it seems every major PC developer is making a cookie cutter FPS or RTS.

BuddyC

when are people going to learn that we're not all the same and some of us have differing opinions regarding "fun and enjoyable"?

no no, nevermind me. carry on.

Triumph

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
when are people going to learn that we're not all the same and some of us have differing opinions regarding "fun and enjoyable"?

no no, nevermind me. carry on.
*puts cigarette out on Buddy C*

Xellos

Well, in a few weeks/months there will be Katamari Damacy, Metal Gear Solid 3, GTA: San Andreas, Rachet & Clank 3, Gradius V, Midway Treasures 2, Halo 2, Fable, Burnout 3, Outrun 2, GGX2#, and hopefully Mech Assault 2 (probably early next year on that one, though). KOTOR 2, Splinter Cell 3, and PoP:WW are also coming but there are PC versions of those as well.

If you mean right now, then I agree things have been pretty dry on consoles for a couple of months now. I hate how most publishers pack all their big releases into a 2 month window (mid September - mid November). Last good "console" game I played was Astro Boy on GBA (an awesome game, btw; definitely check it out if you have a GBA).

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Ninja Gaiden (decapitating, sweet action goodness)
TOS (fun, light rpg)
Burnout 3 (people already touched on it)
Hot Shots Golf (fun golf game)
Pikmin 2 (addictive, well designed, cute game)
Prince of Persia (old school platforming)
Rallisport Challenge 2 (sweet rally racer)
ICO

Triumph

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
silly drunk, aren't you in the wrong forum?
Shhh... I've been slowly re-integrating myself into the gaming world. I have latched onto the notion that Burnout 3 will be the saviour of modern day gaming, and I won't let go! Never!

BuddyC

Raoul Duke said:
Shhh... I've been slowly re-integrating myself into the gaming world. I have latched onto the notion that Burnout 3 will be the saviour of modern day gaming, and I won't let go! Never!
I'm going to ....agree.

Judges?

That's correct, and X gets the square.

MadTV_Hollywood_squares.JPG

epmode

the first game is nowhere near the beauty of the second, which gets its proverbial ass kicked by the third. trust me.

course, you could always rent it when it's released this week.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Diablos said:
Outside of the PC, I stay away from gaming. My PS2 and XBox collect dust. Not because I hate gaming, though -- it's just that I feel like there are no good games out for the console right now.

Funny, I feel the same way, just replace "console" with "PC." ;)

Word around town is that Burnout 3 is the bee's knees, and Outrun 2 if you like your arcade, daylight street racing old school. Viewtiful Joe is also, perhaps, one of the single best games to come out of this generation, the irony being that it eschews many of the things you'd come to expect from a PS2/GCN/XBox generation game.

Also, find a copy of Rez.

snaildog

I was feeling much the same and started playing Grand Theft Auto 3 again. Holy crap is this game good; even better than I remember.

Top Bottom