• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviewing my preorders - This is rediculous.

ced

Half Life 2 11/1/04
Killzone 11/2/04
Halo 2 11/8/04
MGS3 11/15/04
MP: Echoes 11/15/04
Baten Kaitos 11/16/04

I hate to do it but I canceled everything but Halo, Im just not going to have time or money for that. I had no idea all of these would get bunched together.

This doesnt even include a bunch of other titles I was intrested in, Prince of Persia 2 for example.

Seems crazy all these big name titles are releasing so close.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
IBEWIS

All I have reserved is SMT. Pretty much everything else will be on a "when is it on sale" basis.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Does the game code just evaporate if it's not bought the week of release? What is the point of pre-ordering? Are you that impatient?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
DaCocoBrova said:
Does the game code just evaporate if it's not bought the week of release? What is the point of pre-ordering? Are you that impatient?

Well, you can often get free shit, possible combination discounts, and to some its nice to guarantee that as you swing to the game shop after work, your copy will still be there, instead of rushing over on your lunch break. (Try finding a copy of Culdcept for one.)
But I'm sure you knew all of this before, right?
Not saying I do this for every game, but there are of course benefits to the occasional pre-order.

ced

DaCocoBrova said:

Ive always preordered games I know Im going to purchase on release.

Like I mentioned and the whole point of this thread was that at the time of pre orders, this stuff was months apart, but now theyre all within 2 weeks.

DaCocoBrova said:

The other ones, I don't know... but with SMT, you are only guaranteed to get the free soundtrack if you pre-order. That and apparently Atlus doesn't plan on shipping out large quantaties of this game. I just want to make sure I can get it easily and not have to hunt it out.

Other than games like that, I don't pre-order. I just generally don't see a reason to.

Preordering is stupid unless you get cool freebies for doing so. Wait till they're on sale a few days after release instead of paying full price at EB/GS.

Fularu

Banned
I have on preorder

Nocturne
Gungrave Overdose
Gradius 5
Katamari Damaci
Donkey Konga
Shadowhearts Covenant

just for september

And I bought Phantom brave :(

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Maybe I'm just older and don't find anything game-related to be 'urgent'. I used to pre-orderall the time, and buy games the moment FedEx delivered them...

Back then, the thought of me buying a game, taking it home and not playing it was absurd and unheard of.

Now, I do it all the time.

Soul4ger

DaCocoBrova said:
Back then, the thought of me buying a game, taking it home and not playing it was absurd and unheard of.

Now, I do it all the time.

IAWTP

I have about ten pre-orders to pick up before the end of September, and I don't know if I'll play more than three of them immediately. With school starting, it might even be less. And that ignores my picking up of Star Ocean, Phantom Brave, Pokémon, and Street Fighter early this month, too. And I've only played one of them. Sighs. I need to learn some self-control.

Top Bottom