• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Linklater appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
One of the most underapreciated film makers IMO.

I still think that Slacker is one of the best movies I have ever seen.. Im not sure if you could really appreciate the movie fully if you dont live in Austin (I maintain the same about King of the Hill, a ton of injokes for Austinites), but it still manages to catch the feeling of being a 20 something better than any other movie I've ever seen, plus it inspired Kevin Smith to become a film maker.

Dazed and Confused is probably his most repected movies... really good stuff: random trivia, Georgetown High School (suburb North of Austin) still has the paddle tradition for incoming freshman.

Waking Life, and the Netwon Boys are also pretty good movies, as was School of Rock even though he didnt write it.

Seen Dazed and Confused and absolutely adore Before Sunrise(have it on DVD) and Before Sunset(bought the movie poster from amazon.com).

The dialogue in his films is top notch...which to me is the most important thing.

What movie of his should I see next?

ErasureAcer said:
Seen Dazed and Confused and absolutely adore Before Sunrise(have it on DVD) and Before Sunset(bought the movie poster from amazon.com).

The dialogue in his films is top notch...which to me is the most important thing.

What movie of his should I see next?

You gotta watch Waking Life man.

way more

I watched Slackers again recently and this time all I could think of was what losers they really were. Still my favorite, its gritty.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I love Richard Liinklater's work. He's my favorite director at the moment. Slacker was brilliant, Dazed and Confused was a great stoner movie, hell I even loved Waking Life, but more for the visuals than the dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom