• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer DS?

Brofist

Be funny if Sony was encouraging Namco to do a DS version as well, so it would like like ass next to the PSP version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
NST? Bleh...

Ridge Racer 64 was garbage (IMO). Namco should not whore out the franchise...

RR64 was NOT a Ridge Racer game.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I've never played it, but I see such mixed opinions on RR64. Some people hate it, some love it, I see people ranking it somewhere in the middle of RR lists...I don't know who to believe!

dark10x

Mama Smurf said:
I've never played it, but I see such mixed opinions on RR64. Some people hate it, some love it, I see people ranking it somewhere in the middle of RR lists...I don't know who to believe!

I dunno, just ask those people how they feel about the rest of the series...

My favorite two games in the series are Rage Racer and Ridge Racer V, however, I love the rest of the core series (including Rave Racer). RR64 was very VERY different, however, and offered nowhere near the same type of experience.

I'm curious to see if any fans of the real RR games also happen to love RR64...

There just wasn't anything special about the N64 RR. It played ok, but it looked and sounded terrible (which is a big strike against it being a RR game). If you're looking for a really great N64 arcade racer then Top Gear Rally stood above the rest.

SolidSnakex said:
There just wasn't anything special about the N64 RR. It played ok, but it looked and sounded terrible (which is a big strike against it being a RR game). If you're looking for a really great N64 arcade racer then Top Gear Rally stood above the rest.

beetle adventure racing

dark10x

jarrod said:
As much as I dislike NST, better them than Psuedo Interactive (who's rumored to be doing RR6). :/

You've got to be shitting me... :(

Hopefully RR PSP turns out as good as it sounds. Of course, I'm not buying a PSP (at least not for a WHILE), so I won't even get to play it. :(

Does that rumor have any real backing from bigger sites? I don't know why NAMCO would make a PSP RR and then decide to outsource a PS3 RR.

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Does that rumor have any real backing from bigger sites? I don't know why NAMCO would make a PSP RR and then decide to outsource a PS3 RR.
Probably because they've lost a lot of the RR staff since 2001... I sorta wish Sega had taken them up on their offer (evidently Namco approached Sega Rosso to make RR6 initially). Maybe Sammy could change their minds...

Coen

I enjoyed Beetle Adventure Racing far more than any other racer on N64. I did enjoy RR64, but Rage Racer was way better. I'd kill for a new Rage Racer.

jarrod

Banned
Namco should just port Rave Racer to DS themselves. It'd be a good choice since it's never seen a consumer release before (the PC & N64 versions getting canned early on).

dark10x

jarrod said:
Namco should just port Rave Racer to DS themselves. It'd be a good choice since it's never seen a consumer release before (the PC & N64 versions getting canned early on).

Well, there IS a PC version. ;)

It's a shame that it never saw OFFICIAL release. The DS would be a good platform for the game, though, as the graphics wouldn't seem as dated. I'd fear for the audio, though...

Miburou

jarrod: I love you and everything, but most of your more outrageous rumors don't end up happening, so I'm not that worried about RR6. :D

jarrod

Banned
Miburou said:
jarrod: I love you and everything, but most of your more outrageous rumors don't end up happening, so I'm not that worried about RR6. :D
Well, I hope it doesn't happen. :)

i really hope this isn't a RR64 port. granted, NST got the gameplay down. but man, did the style look nowhere near as nice as the stuff namco did.

i hope we get a Wave Race 64 port or something. because RR64 just lacked soul. im telling you, the games style just sorta killed it for me a bit.

anyways, this is almost guarenteed to be a 64 port. enough of the wishful thinking.

Deg

Banned
Rage Racer is the peak of the series. i dont think Ridge Racer gameplay is in demand much nowadays.

snapty00

Banned
Ridge Racer 64...

ROCKED.

The only game NST has ever gotten right...well, except for the fact that Namco probably kept them on a short leash.

Top Bottom