• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP maggie smith

jason10mm

Gold Member
I've only every really seen her as an old lady, but she was quite the English Rose in her youth. One of the BEDROCK staples of brit stuff for decades.

ssZpF6j.jpeg
eYjS4ln.jpeg

jason10mm

Gold Member
People always said Alan Rickman was amazing as Snape, which he absolutely was, but Maggie Smith's McGonagall was always my favorite adult actor's performance in the Harry Potter movies.

What an absolute legend, RIP.
Blew my mind to realize that Clash of the Titans (1981) and the 1st Harry Potter film (2001) are closer together than the Harry Potter film and now! Wow, those HP films are old!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ah, yes, LOVED that film.

KATBkp6.jpeg

I think a key to her success, aside from pure talent, is that she AGED NORMALLY, transitioning into mature roles without looking like a catfish lion thing, unlike so many american actresses
Love that description. It doesn't really describe what they look like but captures the essence of that look.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ah, yes, LOVED that film.

KATBkp6.jpeg

I think a key to her success, aside from pure talent, is that she AGED NORMALLY, transitioning into mature roles without looking like a catfish lion thing, unlike so many american actresses

I didn't even REALIZE that was her back in the 80s. I remembered Sister Act and Sister Act 2 being the roles that introduced me to her and then years later in Harry Potter. I guess I should have remembered her in the original Clash of the Titans.

She'll be missed.

Top Bottom