• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ripping Audio Only from DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has never been a full official release of the soundtrack to Pee-wee's Big Adventure. Just a partial release and I'm rather tired of it.

On the DVD, there's an alternate audio track that is nothing but the music from the film. Elfman comments between songs, but that's it. No dialogue or sound effects otherwise.

So basically I want to know how I can approach taking this audio from the DVD so that I can compress it down into MP3s. I have no clue what the best programs and such to use are.

Thanks for any help.

border

Yes it can be done, but I forget how. The guide I wrote for myself is not on this PC, and I'm replying to this thread so that I will be subscribed to it and can come back and help you when I'm on my regular system. Sorry I can't be of immediate help. =(

If you wanna spend some time crusing around DVDRHelp.com, that might be more quick. It's really just as simple as ripping the disc to the hard drive and selecting an option or two from a menu in this one particular program....I just can't recall the name of the program.

I've used a program called HeadAc3 in combination with DVD Decrypter on a few Bjork dvds.

I don't have a guide, nor the programs in front of me, but I used DVD Decrypter to rip whatever audio channel I needed, and then used HeadAc3 to convert directly to wav. There is a guide out there though that basically answers you question, but I can't find it.

Well, I downloaded DVD Decryptor and HeadAC3he.

I went into the stream settings and unchecked everything except for the one audio track I want. It's currently being copied to my hard drive.

Hopefully I'm doing this right heh.

Thanks for the help so far, you two.

I spent like 20 minutes ripping that AC3 file and then was told it was "corrupt" by headac3he.

I tried that DVD Audio ripper and it worked perfectly... except for the fact that it only converts so much for the trial. The MP3 it produced is only one minute, but it sounds amazing heh.

I guess I'll try DVD Decryptor again.

Ecrofirt

your avatar makes me hungry. I could go for some serial. Maybe Rice Krispies, you know? snap, Crack, pop. Yum.

Well, I got it all ripped... now I have to sit in Cool Edit and chop it up how I want.

Sounds like pure sex. Best Elfman soundtrack ever.

Thanks everyone.

Hmm, I tried to rip the Queen DVDA (hehe) disc, and since Audio Ripper doesn't support audio only discs (too many samples?) I could only do like one title from the disc. But, after the MP3 is encoded and everything, when I listen to it, there's a ton of white noise (which is really loud) but I can faintly hear the real music going on in the background.

Diablos

If you use DVD2AVI and rip the video, it will also rip an audio track as a seperate WAV file I believe. It worked for me and that's how I was able to put the audio back into the Pumpkins avi I uploaded today.

Sai

Scary. I was going to make a thread about this.

Do the methods mentioned in this thread work for game DVDs too? I want to rip one particular audio track from the Armored Core 2 DVD. Anybody mind running me through it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom