• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock and roll is the devil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
http://www.bible-truths.org/tracts/rockmu~1.htm

The Beatles were among the first to use this back recording technique and one of their songs played backwards says clearly, "Turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man" over and over again; one of the most anti-Christ groups ever, they have led millions astray.

Queen

Slang term for homosexual. Freddie Mercury (lead singer) said on stage "I am a devil!" Where are they leading your children?

FACT

The Rock beat goes back to earliest times when Druids (Yes, Druids) used it to call up evil spirits to do their bidding. Identical to today’s Heavy Metal beat, it was used while human sacrifices were made to Satan and his hosts.

ahahahahahaha

Pattergen

In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, an ancient race of people... the Druids. No one knows who they were or what they were doing...
Stonehenge, where the demons dwell
Where the banshees live and they do live well
Stonehenge
Where a man is a man and the children dance to
the pipes of pan
Stonehenge
Tis a magic place where the moon doth rise
With a dragon's face
Stonehenge
Where the virgins lie
And the prayer of devils fill the midnight sky
And you my love, won't you take my hand
We'll go back in time to that mystic land
Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow
I will take you there
I will show you how

Warm Machine said:
By Christian fundamentalism standards all music featuring a beat is demonic.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0034/0034_01.asp

So, playing Christian rock will make me gay?

0034_17.gif

"Then I'll give you a little wedding present...some AIDS."

HA!

A few years ago when I lived in Columbus, OH, some weirdo fundie was handing those comics out in my neighborhood which was kind of cool, hipstery and had a pretty big gay population. He gave one to me and it was some "Fags burn in hell" deal. So I said "oh thanks, can I have some more to give out?" He seemed touched, like he'd found a kindered spirit. He handed me a few more but was carrying a good couple hundred of them. So, I reached in and scooped most of them out of his arms while giving him a big smile. "Thank you sooo much!" I said. He looked a little suspicious. I took a few steps over to the trash can on the street corner and dumped them all in. "HEY!!! Those cost me money!" "Oh I know," still beaming at him, "thanks again, man!"

Ahh, good times. Looking back I'm kind of surprised he didn't punch me or something. Although that wouldn't have been very Christian.

LakeEarth

I always thought back in the 50's, they thought that music was the devil's music... I wonder what would happen if they heard some of TODAY'S hard music and see what they think of it. I mean, if the Beatles are the devil's music, what's Marylin Manson's music?

Mercury Fred said:
"Then I'll give you a little wedding present...some AIDS."

HA!

A few years ago when I lived in Columbus, OH, some weirdo fundie was handing those comics out in my neighborhood which was kind of cool, hipstery and had a pretty big gay population. He gave one to me and it was some "Fags burn in hell" deal. So I said "oh thanks, can I have some more to give out?" He seemed touched, like he'd found a kindered spirit. He handed me a few more but was carrying a good couple hundred of them. So, I reached in and scooped most of them out of his arms while giving him a big smile. "Thank you sooo much!" I said. He looked a little suspicious. I took a few steps over to the trash can on the street corner and dumped them all in. "HEY!!! Those cost me money!" "Oh I know," still beaming at him, "thanks again, man!"

Ahh, good times. Looking back I'm kind of surprised he didn't punch me or something. Although that wouldn't have been very Christian.

Somtimes, being an asshole is just what is needed to cut another asshole down.

calder

Of course, picking a favourite Jack Chick panel is almost impossible. But for sheer mad comedic genius...
0034_20.gif

The way he tacks on "And Don is into vampirism" as an aside just cracks me up so much.

Oh, and the flow chart is BRILLIANT.
0034_11.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
So when Chris Cornell rails about the "Jesus Christ Pose", is he on the side of the angels? Or Satan? My future Soundgarden sessions depend upon your answer!

shoplifter

Mercury Fred said:
"A few years ago when I lived in Columbus, OH, some weirdo fundie was handing those comics out in my neighborhood which was kind of cool

Probably Brother Jed and/or his minions. They're always good for a laugh.

bishoptl said:
So when Chris Cornell rails about the "Jesus Christ Pose", is he on the side of the angels? Or Satan? My future Soundgarden sessions depend upon your answer!

All rock is anti christian. Even Christian rock. Bet P.O.D. never thought that they would be going to hell huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom