• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

I'm in for the Wolves tracks, never head Fall Back Down but happy to get something 'new' in there.

Do you know where the power lies, and who pulls the strings?

If this is pack is indicative of the DLC we're getting this festive season my wallet shall cry.

Xyber

I'm in for the Wolves tracks, never head Fall Back Down but happy to get something 'new' in there.

Do you know where the power lies, and who pulls the strings?

If this is pack is indicative of the DLC we're getting this festive season my wallet shall cry.

How is it even possible to not have heard Fall Back Down?

How is it even possible to not have heard Fall Back Down?

I'm just YouTubing it now. Not into it, but definitely never heard it before. I'm a Brit Xy, so I presume it didn't get much play over here?

I'm definitely buying for the Wolves tracks, you really can't go wrong with anything on that album.

Bachsmith II – $5.99

* Ludwig van Beethoven “Ode to Joy” (Anthony Martinez)
* Frédéric Chopin “Funeral March” (Jarred McAdams)
* Jacques Offenbach “The Can-Can”(Jason Kocol)
* Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky “Notecracker Medley” (Brian Poedy)
* Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart “Symphony No. 40” (Greg Barr)

I'll pick it up, some of the songs in the first one were fun. I assume this is cheaper than normal DLC because of the lack of licensing fees?

jumper

Bachsmith II – $5.99

* Ludwig van Beethoven “Ode to Joy” (Anthony Martinez)
* Frédéric Chopin “Funeral March” (Jarred McAdams)
* Jacques Offenbach “The Can-Can”(Jason Kocol)
* Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky “Notecracker Medley” (Brian Poedy)
* Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart “Symphony No. 40” (Greg Barr)

Looking forward to hearing the sample/video, but at $6 it's a great deal, especially if its as fun as the first Bachsmith pack.

Not thrilled about Can-can though, especially since I associate with those cheesy Shop-rite 'can-can' commercials.

Megatron

Just started playing this game and in the very early stages of learning my first song (paint it black) I'm trying to do the check box goals, when I see one that says riff repeat this chorus what do I have to do to get a check in the box so I will have new goals? I just keep playing the same riff over and over. Please help!

Quoting. Does anyone have an answer? I can try to clarify if this is confusing.

Also is there a way to sort songs by difficulty or at least see the difficulty like you can with rockband/guitar hero?

Also is there a way to sort songs by difficulty or at least see the difficulty like you can with rockband/guitar hero?

You should ignore the goals since they're meaningless. The system just kind of generates goals based on what it thinks you should work on. Technically you unlock cosmetics through completing goals, but you'll get more than enough of that through playing different songs (not that cosmetic stuff is all that important).

As for sorting, on PC the button to sort is TAB, not sure about the consoles. Difficulty is a sorting option, but I'm not entirely sure their criteria for what "difficult" is.

xeris

I don't usually bother with those, but I think it's get 100% and then just back out. I'm not even sure you have to get 100 percent. Either way it won't tell you that you're done untill you go back to the boxes yourself.

The Black Keys Song Pack II – $11.99

The Black Keys “Howlin’ For You”
The Black Keys “Little Black Submarines”
The Black Keys “Lonely Boy”
The Black Keys “thickfreakness”
The Black Keys “Your Touch”
All songs are in E Standard and have a Bass arrangement

The Black Keys Song Pack II – $11.99

The Black Keys “Howlin’ For You”
The Black Keys “Little Black Submarines”
The Black Keys “Lonely Boy”
The Black Keys “thickfreakness”
The Black Keys “Your Touch”
All songs are in E Standard and have a Bass arrangement

Siked but no Weight of Love will be missed..

Bummer. I'm loving Battlefront.

Just not feeling it. Looks incredible, for the first couple of hours or so I thought it was going to be something special but... nope. A husk of a game, albeit an extremely pretty one. Plus EA working their magic and cutting the game into little portions to sell at a crazy price doesn't help.

Loving the Black Keys pack though, although i've noticed the lead and rhythm versions of Lonely Boy are both identical - shouldn't be the case, surely? I realise there's really only one guitarist in the band (or at least, there used to be) but still.

With this and Rancid and the holidays coming up, i'm excited to see what they have lined up for DLC. Hoping they have some packs on the level of Rage and Jimi like last year, i'm ready for some Nirvana, AC/DC and ZZ Top... (a man can dream).

Just not feeling it. Looks incredible, for the first couple of hours or so I thought it was going to be something special but... nope. A husk of a game, albeit an extremely pretty one. Plus EA working their magic and cutting the game into little portions to sell at a crazy price doesn't help.
It's all good. To each their own. My buddy got the Battlefront ps4 bundle so I've been having a blast playing with him and some of his buddies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Kinda want to jump on this for PS4... But I already have the game on PC. Though it might just be worth it to have an actual cable and not a hobo one I got from a friend...

I'd definitely buy it just for the cable. Its a pretty good price for what you're getting.

This week's DLC clue. Any ideas?

Confirmed as neither Pearl Jam nor Nirvana. Sadly.

k3CJile.jpg

I don't see the right answer yet, gang, sorry. This band was heavily requested, though based on this thread, perhaps not by the folks who frequent our forums!

Here's a hint: Some people would call this material metal, some people might not. But you can't make the band's name without it.

And no, it's not Metallica.

Skillet?

I just had to look them up.

Really shit, sounds like noughties wwe entrance music. Still crossing my fingers for a long-awaited much-requested band before Xmas, but we shall see...

Heavily requested my arse... whitneyreceipts.gif

Link0080

Anyone know why I can't buy some RS songs that are compatible with RS2014?

I bought Have you ever seen the rain and Ballroom Blitz but I can't buy Breaking the Law and In A Gadda Da Vida. I want to get these before the sale is over.

xeris

Anyone know why I can't buy some RS songs that are compatible with RS2014?

I bought Have you ever seen the rain and Ballroom Blitz but I can't buy Breaking the Law and In A Gadda Da Vida. I want to get these before the sale is over.

Do you have the original and are you talking on PC? Steam has problems with recognizing that dlc can work for more than one game. They went back and enabled a handful but pretty much gave up I think. The only real way to get the rest is by the original RS cheap.

Tenacious D next week (3 Pack)

12/22 DLC is a Six Pack from STP. They revealed it because they didn't want the pack to be misconstrued as capitalizing on the passing of Scott Weiland

Tenacious D next week (3 Pack)

12/22 DLC is a Six Pack from STP. They revealed it because they didn't want the pack to be misconstrued as capitalizing on the passing of Scott Weiland

In for both packs - my mileage varies with the D, so i'll get Tribute and see what the other songs are before buying.

As for STP, that's an unfortunate coincidence timing wise, but i'll be in for the full pack. Hoping for mostly tracks from the first three albums. I would presume:

Sex Type Thing (come on, THAT riff has to be in there!), Plush, Interstate Love Song, Big Empty, Trippin' on a Hole and Sour Girl. I'm sure there's a good chance Wicked Garden, Creep, Big Bang Baby, Lady Picture Show instead of any of those tracks, but hopefully nothing past the No.4 album (although that said I do enjoy Between the Lines from RS1).

I think Big Empty is a shoe-in, because of the 'homecoming' clue from the December newsletter (time to take her home). The same newsletter also sugeests 'Metal' will be in the Tenacious D pack as well.

This leaves us clueless for the 15/12 DLC. Still waiting on that long-teased Nirvana pack but I would imagine them announcing it ahead of time if that was the case? In fact, aren't we long overdue a proper Pearl Jam pack?

Tenacious D Pack:

Tribute
Master Exploder
The Metal

I'm just going for Tribute for the nostalgia, i'm not a big D fan. STP Pack tracklist still TBC, plus we have another as-yet-unnamed pack next week.

There wil be no DLC the week after STP drops.

I checked the Steam Storefront for Rocksmith last night, as I've missed so much DLC content. There's now just over £2000 worth of DLC to buy haha wow. Some of the prices are doubled as the individual songs and packs are contented twice, but that's still a lot of money.

I'm sort of thankful that there has been a bunch of stuff released I have no interest in.

I checked the Steam Storefront for Rocksmith last night, as I've missed so much DLC content. There's now just over £2000 worth of DLC to buy haha wow. Some of the prices are doubled as the individual songs and packs are contented twice, but that's still a lot of money.

I'm sort of thankful that there has been a bunch of stuff released I have no interest in.

Means you can put the money to one side for nappies and other baby necessities!

I dread to think how much money i've invested into Rocksmith. I imported the original, bought 2014 day one and then paid some stupid psn price a year later for the "upgrade" (fuck you, Ubisoft). That's £150 before I even factor in my DLC habit.

So yeah, I don't mind their tendency to churn out some utter garbage (Skillet, anyone?) from a financial point of view.

Xyber

I'm far from as invested in RS as I was in Rock Band, but I still own 100 DLC songs for 2014 and 52 for RS1. Very few songs were bought at a discount as well unfortunately. :p

Customs has definitely helped keep me from spending too much money on DLC, but I still have quite a lot of RS2014 DLC I need to get now that I have a stable income again and can afford it.

Lady Gaia

I dread to think how much money i've invested into Rocksmith.

Ditto, but for me DLC is just the tip of the iceberg. Rocksmith inspired me to get beyond learning the basics with a bass guitar I already owned and upgrade to a decent instrument. Then it suckered me into learning guitar with a nice solid body electric, and finally I even picked up a lovely acoustic guitar because I have been enjoying the process so much. It doesn't even have pickups so I can't use it in game but I still "blame" Rocksmith.

All told, including cases and so forth it's more than $4,000 in instruments alone. And I'm loving it.

Top Bottom