• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Gallery: Batman vs Spiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Well, it's been said don't know how often if often at all, that Batman and Spiderman have the greatest collection of villians in their Rogue Galleries, I was just wondering who did people agree with. Batman's villians or spiderman's villians and of their villians which are some of your favorites.

who the hell ever said that spider-man has a great rogues gallery? he's got two, three good-great villains tops. the flash's gallery is way better.

All three (Batman, SPidey, Flash) have great villains. My preference:

Flash
Spidey
Batman

But really, they're all great. I think Spider-Man has the most creative and colorful ones, but the Flash "guys with gimmisks" crew is really cool, too.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm embarrasingly ignorant of Batmans villians other than the movies and 60s TV series. I don't even know who the Scarecrow is. *curls up in a ball of shame*

Bob White

I'm embarrasingly ignorant of Batmans villians other than the movies and 60s TV series. I don't even know who the Scarecrow is. *curls up in a ball of shame*

I will break YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

LakeEarth

Jill Sandwich said:

You don't know Scarface? Bane? Clayface? You are dead, you hear me!!!

betcha you dont know mr zassz or amygdala? mr zassz (i hope i spelled it right) is the best batman villain in my ten plus years of reading batman comics opinion. he was an investment banker or some gotham hotshot who had it all. money, family, possesions. but he never felt anything. no emotions, nothing made him happy. but one night he killed a man (the details as to why escape me) but that was the first he felt anything. and to remenber the kill, he etched a mark on his skin. now his body is full of marks.... he isnt used as much as the joker (wish they did) but i remenber a few stories in shadow of the batman (written by alan grant) that had a few good zasz stories.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Nope Lake, I dont. I need some education GIVE ME IT.

(edit, all I know is: Joker, Penguin, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Catwoman and The Riddler)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Just out of curiosity, where did the term "Rogue Gallery" come from?

Sriram

Its a gallery of rogues. Trying to track that down would be as hard as finding out who coined the term superhero.

shoplifter

Flash > Bats >>> Spidey

Flash's rogues just ooze cool. The last issue of Flash barely had Wally in it at all, but it was immensely good just by fleshing out a rogue so well.

I first heard it in reference to Flash's "Rogues Gallery"--- they even call themselves that-- but I would guess it's an older term.

Oh, and another great bunch of villains has been left off this list-- Dick Tracy's enemies. Generally very cool and colorful.

Batman has some really sadistic and psychological villians compared to spidey. Spdiey has alot more corny villains. Batman wins hands down.

Ignatz Mouse said:
I like corny. Why do you think I list Flash above either?

I'm just glad they finally made a Heroclix figure out of Mysterio.

not when geof johns is writing them. mirrormaster, abbra cadabra, the new trickster, the top, frankenstein, gorilla grodd (the coolest in my opinion) way too many to list. some of them have even made it into the flash museum.

Rlan

Anyone know where I can find a list of Flash's Rouge Gallery? The only one I know about is that Weather Guy from the Superman show, and he looked pretty lame.

Rlan said:
Anyone know where I can find a list of Flash's Rouge Gallery? The only one I know about is that Weather Guy from the Superman show, and he looked pretty lame.

looks can be deceiving. he wanted to "spend" time with his kid so he can dissect him to see why he had weather controlling powers. of course, the mother doesnt aprove and blah, blah. it's a dman fine story.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Flash has a horrible rogue gallery. They are all super cheesy and nobody outside of comic book nerds that buy Flash, and trust me this number is small, knows of 'em. The best Flash villain is Zoom. Half of them are useless.

nomoment

Willco said:
Flash has a horrible rogue gallery. They are all super cheesy and nobody outside of comic book nerds that buy Flash, and trust me this number is small, knows of 'em. The best Flash villain is Zoom. Half of them are useless.
True. I'm surprised so many people are actually nominating Flash's rogue's gallery. Up until Geoff Johns' revamp of most of Flash's rogues, they were pretty lame.

Flash's rogues gallery is pretty impressive now, though: Zoom, Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Mirror Master II, Heatwave, Weather Wizard, etc.

But Batman wins hands down, pretty hard to argue that. I like Spider-Man's villains better, though.

lordmrw

Rlan said:

A good portion of them have been names already:

Captain Cold (the best one in my opinion)
Weather Wizard
Abra kadabra
Professor Zoom
Gorilla Grodd
Captain Boomerang
the Trickster (new and old)
Cicada
Mirror Master
Heatwave
the Top
Dr. ALchemy
Blacksmith
Plunder
Murmur
Girder
Magenta (well, she's pretty much back and forth)
Vandal Savage
Savitar (I hope they bring him back, I love the Dead Heat trade)
Dr. Polaris
Kobra
and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. I left off the ones that have reformed or died, like Golden Glider and Goldface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom