• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romancing Saga 1 remix for PS2 announced

neo2046

it is printed in this week's Famitsu
Romancing Saga (Subtitle is xxxxx Song)
completely new "graphic design"
Character is SD type??
one team 5 characters max
3D map and battle zone
no other details yet

they should remix or remake xenogears for the ps2. That game kicked ass. imagine hi-res sd sprites, and the gears in full 3d. Thats the mech game from square for me, not fm4. :D

atomiswave said:
they should remix or remake xenogears for the ps2. That game kicked ass. imagine hi-res sd sprites, and the gears in full 3d. Thats the mech game from square for me, not fm4. :D

Have you tried Xenosaga? :)

Jonnyram

SaGa remix subtitle is "Minstrel Song"
Due out next Spring (lining up with FF12, Radiata Stories, and a bunch of other stuff... delays abound no doubt)

Pellham

Banned
too bad Romancing SaGa 1 kinda sucks.
I want a Romancing SaGa 2 remake!!!!

Where the hell is the SaGa 2 remake? (the GB game)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Zilch said:
Hmmm, so is this the result of that poll that came packed with some other SQE game awhile back?

awhile back = 2 months? though square does love the portin' and the remakin'.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Pellham said:
Where the hell is the SaGa 2 remake? (the GB game)

I know, right? Oh well, I haven't spent too much time on RS1, but it wasn't too bad. Definitely felt like the progression from SaGa to SaGa Frontier (and Unlimited as well). Hopefully there will be a new SaGa on the way too.
And I'd like to get this over here, thanks.

JackFrost2012 said:
Have you tried Xenosaga? :)

yes i have, and sadly its not the same :(

I loved the really mature themes going on in xenogears. I hope they remake xenogears for xenosaga episode V, which SHOULD be xenogears on the timeline. But due to copyright issues, it most likely won't happen.

Xenosaga isnt a bad game at all though. I'm glad that square-enix is finally deciding to return to their roots for romancing saga.

jiggle

Squarenix sure loves the PS2.
Can't complain.

Never played any of the pre-Saga Frontier games, definitely looking forward to this.

atomiswave said:
yes i have, and sadly its not the same :(

I loved the really mature themes going on in xenogears. I hope they remake xenogears for xenosaga episode V, which SHOULD be xenogears on the timeline. But due to copyright issues, it most likely won't happen.

I don't know that it would happen anyway - Xenosaga isn't going directly over the Xenogears timeline, just encompassing the same themes (or at least attempting to :p). By the end of Episode II, it's made clear that XS isn't intended to retell the XG universe exactly, or so I'm told...

I hope I'm not the only one that cannot stand any entries in this series. The GB SaGas were certainly among the better games included, however. Time will tell.

Semjaza Azazel said:
I hope I'm not the only one that cannot stand any entries in this series. The GB SaGas were certainly among the better games included, however. Time will tell.

your not the only one. HATED THE SERIES. arbitary, random and ugly

Top Bottom