• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romancing SaGa scans

Solid

The art is pretty good.

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs3.jpg

rs4.jpg

Dagon

Square is generally pretty good with character designs, but these are just ass. I saw the game in Japan and left rather underwhelmed.

jiggle

The ingame models are quite bizarre looking. I was disappointed Naora is not handling the character designs, but this guy's drawings are pretty good. I like these way more than his work in Saga Frontier I & II.

I'm really looking forward to the FMVs. Loved the painted look they had in Unlimited Saga. Looks like they're usign the same technique for this game. I hope the same person from SU is handling the soundtrack also.

ferricide

god, the creeping fucking terror that is the SaGa character designs this generation.

omgwtfbbq.jpg

the art's fine but the SD models are horrifying.

I remember playing this on SNES years ago, the first one that is. Squaresoft sure does know how to milk it's games into the new millenium! SHIIT!

nitewulf

ferricide said:
the art's fine but the SD models are horrifying.
yep. actually i thought unlimited saga's art was very good. the game turned out crappy. OTOH this game has crappy art...i mean jesus, get it right for god's sake.

Zilch

Banned
I'm guess they were going for a "3D SNES sprite" look, but something went horribly, horribly wrong.

Well, not really. It's just a bad idea from the get go.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I liked Unlimited Saga's characters a lot, actually. This just looks weird, though. I mean, if my parents barged into my room while I was controlling someone like Albert, they'd probably congratulate me on finally coming to terms with my own sexuality.

mrb5.JPG

I mean. Mr. B. Natural is less femmy than that!

Top Bottom