• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPGs and Republicans Do Not Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a the story of some guy who almost got his paper RPG book confiscated by a security guard. Since the Republican convention is in New York City, security has been heightened, which means bag searches. And one guard deemed the book "inappropriate." Check out the details here...

http://mephron.livejournal.com/349969.html

EDIT: I just realized this is about a non video game topic, so please move it to the OT if need be it. Thanks.

Gattsu25

Banned
yes, because the guy WAS a republican and and told the poster "sir, I am a republican and I hate RPGs"
yes, because he represents republicans and not a stuck up old bastard
yes, because the poster in that link remembered how the dialog exchange went perfectly and didn't slant it to make him seem bigger after the fact
yes, because all republicans really do hate RPGs
yes, because ...what was I saying again?

Well obviously I for one know that not all republicans think this way. But anyone who lives in NYC knows that the upcoming convention is giving conservatives a free ticket to do such stupid things.

Gattsu25

Banned
FortNinety said:
Well obviously I for one know that not all republicans think this way. But anyone who lives in NYC knows that the upcoming convention is giving conservatives a free ticket to do such stupid things.

which brings us to my earlier post (the first two lines in particular)

has it been proven that all uptight pricks are rupublicans that deem fantasy and the showing of flesh unacceptable? is it, now, impossible for a democrat to find such themes 'inappropiate'?

Tritroid

I think it's so hilarious how certain members on this forum treat Republicans like they're some mysterious race of incoherant primatives who are unable to understand or notice when liberals try to make observations of their behaviour. :p

Gattsu25

Banned
I'd prefer it if 'liberals' and 'conservatives' all died and normal people ruled the earth...or at the very least people stopped being pathetic by labeling others in those terms

belgurdo

Banned
rumsfeld.jpg

"I bet you didn't know Osama has a 51% controlling interest in White Wolf, didn't you?"

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Tritroid said:
I'm a republican, and I love RPGs. So :p
Same here, in fact I promote RPGs to people who don't regularly play them (video-game based).

Gattsu25 is a source of intellect in this thread, heed his words for he is a saint. Completely agree with you btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom