• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rsc2 fans... monday the boards will be reset

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
and the exploit fixing patch will be released :)

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=279310

It's been a long wait, but the update will be released on Monday. I've tried to find out what time, but couldn't get anything more specific than "it'll happen Monday".

Leaderboards will be wiped clean! This includes the XSN charts!!! Please make note of this if you're in the middle of a competition. I'm sure you understand why we need to do this.

and...

There are indeed voice improvements in the update.

:)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sho Nuff said:
Let's hope I'll be able to talk to EVERYONE in a four-player game. :(

yeah, really. i'm just thrilled i can start doing time attack racing :)

gunstarhero

and the exploit fixing patch will be released

What was this exactly? I just got the game a week ago, haven't took it online too much (in fact, just once...). Is this patch the only reason they are wiping the boards?

Probably. A lot of people have complained that the exploits give unfair times to those that use them. Hence the board wipe. Sounds fair to me. Still, I'd like a new set of courses released sometime soon.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
MightyHedgehog said:
Probably. A lot of people have complained that the exploits give unfair times to those that use them. Hence the board wipe. Sounds fair to me. Still, I'd like a new set of courses released sometime soon.
Considering your average race track is between 40 and 100 mbytes (up to 200 if I remember correctly) I seriously doubt we'll ever see a track DLC for RSC2. But I'd love to be proven wrong !
GMCTurbo said there would be some new cars and decals soon though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Blimblim said:
Considering your average race track is between 40 and 100 mbytes (up to 200 if I remember correctly) I seriously doubt we'll ever see a track DLC for RSC2. But I'd love to be proven wrong !
GMCTurbo said there would be some new cars and decals soon though.

Well i asked GMCTurbo if doing retro tracks (sort of like Rally tracks... Top Gear/Hang-on style) and he said it's quite possible but the art people would kill him :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DopeyFish said:
Well i asked GMCTurbo if doing retro tracks (sort of like Rally tracks... Top Gear/Hang-on style) and he said it's quite possible but the art people would kill him :p
That would rule !

Top Bottom