• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Bojack Horseman

Archurro

Rewatching the first season before season 2 comes out next month, and episode 7-12 are some of the best animated television ever to come out. Especially in comparison to the first half of the show which is, frankly, shit, the dark turn between Bojack and everyone else hits pretty hard.

The flashback episode between Herb and Bojack is especially painful, and the last 5 minutes is incredibly tough. The drug episode is really great as well, and the alternate reality between Bojack and Chatlotte hits a really emotional tone that doesn't even attempt to garner any laughs. I'm honestly not sure what direction Season 2 is going in, but I hope it ditches trying to be a comedy and continues that darker turn. I wouldn't mind if Season 2 is the last season as well.

Edit: Fuck wrong side. How did I even end up here?

bounchfx

I finally watched this for the first time this month. I avoided it for a while because the cover art looked really, really dumb. I'm glad I watched it though, I like the voice actors, and it's a really solid show. The drug episode though, holy shit. Awesome.

Top Bottom