• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: ATARI it use Starforce 3 in all future EU releases

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
The word is ATARI is planing to ship all of thier future full price EU releases with SF3 copy protection.

SF3 is a copy protection tech that hasnt been cracked yet despite being out for month,its very different from others avaible.

http://www.star-force.com/

Its really intressting to see what happens if there is indeed a nearly uncrackable protection avaible.

Brannon

Only EU releases? And not US or other releases? If the game is international, this does not matter as much unless they start putting SF3 in everything.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
*scratches Atari off his PC game purchasing list*

Oh wait... They were never on it...

Freeburn.

isn't starforce3 the one that installs it's own device drivers without telling you, and there was a big thread on how it can cause conflicts on your pc because of it?

epmode

The Faceless Master said:
isn't starforce3 the one that installs it's own device drivers without telling you, and there was a big thread on how it can cause conflicts on your pc because of it?
yes. it also refuses to run any sf3 game if you have daemon tools or alcohol 120% installed on your pc.

scarybore

CVXFREAK said:
Good for Atari in Europe. I would approve of this stuff; I believe in game purchasing legitamacy.

While I daresay the majority agree with you, these protection schemes tend to hurt the consumer more than it does the pirates, stopping you playing a game if you have a program that has legitimate uses just because it could be used for piracy for instance.

Fularu

Banned
Fleming said:
The word is ATARI is planing to ship all of thier future full price EU releases with SF3 copy protection.

SF3 is a copy protection tech that hasnt been cracked yet despite being out for month,its very different from others avaible.

http://www.star-force.com/

Its really intressting to see what happens if there is indeed a nearly uncrackable protection avaible.

***COUGH***Breed***COUGH***

Starforce 3 game... still it took them 3 weeks to crack it

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Fularu said:
***COUGH***Breed***COUGH***

Starforce 3 game... still it took them 3 weeks to crack it

Breed and Gangland were old ones,the new one from TOCA 2 hasnt been broken yet(2 months),Panzers and recently Soldiers:Heroes of WW2 werent either.

Fularu

Banned
Fleming said:
Breed and Gangland were old ones,the new one from TOCA 2 hasnt been broken yet(2 months),Panzers and recently Soldiers:Heroes of WW2 werent either.
They still were SF3 games

And for TOCA2, it came out under a different name if I remember right

cvxfreak

Deathcraze said:
While I daresay the majority agree with you, these protection schemes tend to hurt the consumer more than it does the pirates, stopping you playing a game if you have a program that has legitimate uses just because it could be used for piracy for instance.

Hmm... interesting point.

Top Bottom