• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ryan Gossling Cast as Ghostrider in MCU

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Ryan Gosling might have gotten his wish as it is claimed the actor has been cast as Marvel’s Ghost Rider in an upcoming movie involving the Midnight Sons.

Back in January while talking with Josh Horowitz, Ryan Gosling addressed the Nova rumors and said they weren’t true.

However, Horowitz revealed the one superhero Ryan Gosling really wants to play is Ghost Rider.

According to X user Rejected Scooper, Ryan Gosling is Ghost Rider.

“Ryan Gosling will portray Ghost Rider in the MCU,” claims the account.

When questioned if it’s a live-action movie or series, the account replied, “Live action movie but he could appear in future shows down the line.”

The X user also says Ryan Gosling is playing the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider (which Nicolas Cage played in the Sony movies) and retweeted a claim it’s a “Ghost Rider & The Midnight Sons” movie. In the comics, the Midnight Sons, include Blade, the Johnny Blaze and Dan Ketch Ghost Riders, Morbius, Magik, Nico, Wolverine, Kushala, Elsa Bloodstone, Caretaker, Doctor Strange, Werewolf By Night, and more.

Ryan Gosling Said To Have Joined The MCU

Ryan Gosling Could Be In Talks For Ghost Rider

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
It's Midnight Suns, but anyway as much as I disliked the game, on paper it would be pretty good for a movie assuming they could get everyone like Blade, Deadpool, Wolverine, Capt, etc. That would be the ultimate avengers, but alas, thats never going to happen. Fuck Disney.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I kinda think of Gosling as the actor in cooler films like Drive. So this feels like a totally crappy move to see someone who has the potential to be in good films get into the Marvel nonsense.

I was genuinely hoping that the bottom would be considered having fallen out of those films by now.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
That isn’t how you spell Nic Cage…
nicolas cage film GIF

I can imagine ryan going as Insane.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Take one of the World's most beautiful men and have him be a flaming skull for 90% of the film....genius!

Hell, would he even need to show up for more than a few days of filming

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I kinda think of Gosling as the actor in cooler films like Drive. So this feels like a totally crappy move to see someone who has the potential to be in good films get into the Marvel nonsense.

I was genuinely hoping that the bottom would be considered having fallen out of those films by now.

Yeah i don't care, know or watch this pos but Gosling

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Jinzo Prime

Surprised they're not going with Robbie Reyes. Or maybe the movie will have both Riders like the game did.
They actually want money now.

Take one of the World's most beautiful men and have him be a flaming skull for 90% of the film....genius!

I very much doubt he will have a flaming skull most of the time. Actors want their face on screen as much as possible, and Marvel wants Ryan to bring his fans in as well.

BossLackey

Gold Member

He's not so beautiful anymore. Had some work done. Very noticeable in recent movies.

(I mean, he still makes me look like hammered dog shit and I still wanna be him.)

Last edited:

Trilobit

He's not so beautiful anymore. Had some work done. Very noticeable in recent movies.

(I mean, he still makes me look like hammered dog shit and I still wanna be him.)

Same thing with Emily Blunt, especially in Oppenheimer: The Movie. It's very unfortunate that they have the urge to do that to themselves.

Especially the cheek fillers that erase their facial expression and make them look like the people from Whoville:
biW7PqM.jpeg

BossLackey

Gold Member
Same thing with Emily Blunt, especially in Oppenheimer: The Movie. It's very unfortunate that they have the urge to do that to themselves.

Especially the cheek fillers that erase their facial expression and make them look like the people from Whoville:

It's seriously bizarre. It's rampant in Hollywood and I honestly, truly don't understand why.

Erin Moriarty looks like Frankenstein's monster now...

Gosling fits the look That they want for 90’s version of Johnny Blaze. So he looks the part. Depends on how much acting he has to do as human and how much is CGI Ghost Rider. This should be fine.

Top Bottom