• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox Reportedly Reviving Old Marvel Activision Games

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Speaking during the Xbox Era Podcast, Nick Baker stated that he heard Microsoft is working on relicensing the games. While they are quite old, Deadpool was released for the Xbox One and can be played on the current generation.

However, since Activision lost the rights several years ago, none of its Marvel games are currently available for purchase. Xbox seems to be attempting to deal with this problem.

Bridges

This would be nice, Activision had some pretty quality Marvel releases pre-MCU. I'd love to have a (third) chance to get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2.

Never got the chance to try those Beenox Spiderman games either. I have the Deadpool game and I remember it being kinda shitty but I'm all for making more things accessible for more people.

El Muerto

Gold Member
Lets make it happen Micro$oft!

vnhTRO6.png

The games have already been made. License would be relatively inexpensive and they have the chance to sell something no longer on the books. Most of what they make would be profit right away.

Will it be inexpensive? Deadpool just made like a billion. On top of that what if marvel wants new games made and only wants to license them if they get
paid crazy money.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Will it be inexpensive? Deadpool just made like a billion. On top of that what if marvel wants new games made and only wants to license them if they get
paid crazy money.
They just need Marvel to agree to let them sell games already made under a prior agreement. It is much simpler than licensing the character for new games. Marvel can always say no, of course. And they'd probably ask for a bigger cut of the revenue than they would have a year ago.

It's much cheaper than paying for a license, and then spending over $100m on a game.

I'm sure Xbox would love to have dozens of Marvel games on Gamepass.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If they bring back X-Men Legends and their spiritual successors Ultimate Alliance im going to shit a brick.

Ive been wanting to replay these games for years.......years.

MV5BYTU4YWFkNzItZjMwMi00NDIwLWE3YjQtMmVhMzhjNDQyYzA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg

Sintoid

Great Idea for Microsoft paying again royalties for re-release old games that everybody really wants to play... but on Gamepass

At the very least they should have relicensed the Deadpool game to cross-promote with the new movie, and the Xmen Legends game for the 97 cartoon. I mean how hard is this, really?

ManaByte

Gold Member
I could be wrong, but I think Sony, MS, and Marvel need to all agree on it.

obama-leaders.gif

You're wrong. Sony doesn't own the game license, only the movie license. Otherwise Spider-Man couldn't have been in Ultimate Alliance 3, Fortnite, Midnight Suns, Rivals, or any other Marvel game.

Marvel Games just has to OK the re-release of the old games. They could even put the PS3 ones on PS+ streaming.

Deanington

Ultimate Spider-Man please. This and Lego Marvel is the only superhero games that I thoroughly enjoyed in the superhero genre (out of the ones I played/attempted at least). Although Guardians looks good too, just need to get around to playing it.

Last edited:

BlackTron

On console maybe, PC surely is above all?

I don't see too many PS1, PS2 or PSP classics on there. Premium is starting to put up a serious fight.

Ok woah guys. I wouldn't want to let Xbox score a win in...old ass games.

1. Nintendo has the best old games
2. PC will run the biggest library of old (or new) games
3. Xbox is the only place a game you bought 15 years ago works fully updated with new graphics without a single thought to configuration or compatibility.

Top Bottom