• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Zelda GCN release date info!

SantaC

It's just a rumor, but still:

Zelda Release Date Info

Do you want to know, when you'll be playing the legend. Head inside right now.

This morning we received an email by the administration of the Nintendo-Evolved regarding news for the new Zelda game. According to their inside sources, it is safe to say with confidence that the new Zelda will be launched in Japan next year by May 22nd at the latest.

Let's hope this come true, cause it's one of the most anticipated games of the industry. We will keep you posted!

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6988

original source: http://www.nintendo-evolved.com/

SantaC

Deku Tree said:
This is somewhat likely if they plan to release it in the US in 2005.

But it's alot earlier than I expected! If it's launched in May in Japan, there is noway the US launch date will be in the holidays. That's too long. Maybe Zelda is a summer game afterall?

Deku Tree

SantaCruZer said:
But it's alot earlier than I expected! If it's launched in May in Japan, there is noway the US launch date will be in the holidays. That's too long. Maybe Zelda is a summer game afterall?

If xbox 2 is released in the fall of 2005, I bet Nintendo will be ready to time the release of Zelda Reborn to be at the same time as xbox 2 in the US and maybe even Europe.

Shiggy

It seems to be false. According to my sources (uhh, I have no sources :D ) it won't be released before June/July in Japan or the USA.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Majora's Mask was released in April in Japan and 6 months later in October in the US, so it's perfectly possible for a Zelda game to be released so much later.

In fact, I think I'm right in saying MM was released alongside the PS2 to try and dampen sales of the console, so it's actually quite a similar situation.

Not that I trust this news one bit, but it's possible.

SantaC

Mama Smurf said:
Majora's Mask was released in April in Japan and 6 months later in October in the US, so it's perfectly possible for a Zelda game to be released so much later.

In fact, I think I'm right in saying MM was released alongside the PS2 to try and dampen sales of the console, so it's actually quite a similar situation.

Not that I trust this news one bit, but it's possible.

uh yeah that's correct. Hopefully Nintendo wont do the same here. 6 months extra is awfully long to wait.

bonesquad

ToyMachine228 said:
Cube-Europe is usually pretty reliable

Seriously, you really must be thinking of the wrong site. I can't stand them, and yes it's personal! (Long story...) I can't believe they're still around, and worse, that people actually quote them as a source. Sigh...

If Xbox 2 does in fact come out next fall (I havn't been following that), Nintendo would be much better off holding onto Zelda until Xbox 2 comes out... though they did try that already with Majora's Mask and the PS2...

SantaC

bonesquad said:
Seriously, you really must be thinking of the wrong site. I can't stand them, and yes it's personal! (Long story...) I can't believe they're still around, and worse, that people actually quote them as a source. Sigh...

If Xbox 2 does in fact come out next fall (I havn't been following that), Nintendo would be much better off holding onto Zelda until Xbox 2 comes out... though they did try that already with Majora's Mask and the PS2...

the actual source comes from http://www.nintendo-evolved.com/

zelda_top.jpg

snapty00

Banned
Lying Euro sites make me cry.

I'm hoping they release it late next year, anyway. I don't need yet another rushed Zelda game. Even if they feel like it's finished, I want them to replay it so many times that they figure out the parts that are annoying and fix them.

SantaC

snapty00 said:

I'm hoping they release it late next year, anyway. I don't need yet another rushed Zelda game. Even if they feel like it's finished, I want them to replay it so many times that they figure out the parts that are annoying and fix them.

How do you know http://www.nintendo-evolved.com is a euro site? And stop generlizing please. You only look dumb by saying that euro sites lie.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
If you want any small problems fixed, you'll probably be best hoping this news is true. MM released as early compared to in the US, and they fixed some problems with the Japanese version in that time.

Vlad

snapty00 said:

Damn straight. I miss the old "delay stuff until it's good" Nintendo. Wind Waker was really an embarassment to the franchise, and obviously needed more time to add content.

SantaC

Asskicker064 said:
Many European sites do give out false information. I'll generalize all I want, pal.

That's not true. Etc Gamereactor, Jeux-france and gamefront are all pretty good. Just because you find one that isn't reliable, you generalize.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, it will be released after E3 2005 ;)

I don't find C-E very reliable. Gamefront & JF are lightyears ahead

beerbelly

Banned
:D :D *Crosses fingers*

Probably not likely though. Nintendo won't be showing any more footage of the game until E3 so it's not logical for them to release a game a few days after the showing. They need time to develop the hype after E3.

SantaCruZer said:

Actually Majora's Mask was released in March of 2000 and didn't come out until October in the US... and was actually moved up to coincide with the launch of the PS2. Could it be a repeat next year? Hmm...

From what my sources have told me and my colleagues have confirmed for me, I can say with confidence that the new Zelda will launch in japan next year by May 22nd at the latest.

This information alone is surely enough to send Nintendo fans into a frenzy. Well enjoy this information, it wasn't easy to get. Please also note that this information, like all release dates, are always subject to change.
So basically what he's saying is that Zelda will definitely launch by May 22, unless it doesn't.

Top Bottom