• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rush Hour 3 Postponed Indefinately?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

I got this off Dark Horizons, and I am not sure how believeable it is, but hey, if it is, then this news sucks, because I really liked these films.

Insomniac Mania & AJackieFeast.Com reports that fans in the UK and Singapore have heard rumblings on the radio, and from Jackie Chan himself on UK TV, that Rush Hour 3 has been postponed indefinitely!

One source heard a radio report in Singapore on June 21st that Jackie will not be doing any Hollywood movies for the next 3 years. The news report said the "reason" was because Jackie's co-star in the previous "Rush Hours", Chris Tucker, has injured himself.

The report also said that Jackie will now concentrate his efforts on the Hong Kong film industry. Another also heard Jackie the next day (June 22nd) on BBC TV talk about his next movie, "The Myth / Legend" and also, again, state the consequence of "Rush Hour 3" and its postponement.

Great news. With this time they can think of a better villain than Seagal who was rumored to be the villain of RH3 recently.

MASB

Bah! Hopefully it'll get made (whether this report is true or not), because I really liked the first two movies.

Jet Li also said he's going to go back and concentrate on Hong Kong movies now that he's finished with Danny...They've got their chance now to make a Jet/Jackie movie. It must happen!

karasu

Jet's been living in Shanghai for months now. Looking forward to what comes next. I have no interest in a Jet jackie movie though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SolidSnakex said:
Great news. With this time they can think of a better villain than Seagal who was rumored to be the villain of RH3 recently.

Better than Seagal? He'd make a perfect villain in a Jackie flick...(Even better in a Jet Li flick) just for the fact that you'd get to see him get owned by Jackie... Kind of like when you got to see Chuck Norris get owned in Game of Death...

Blackace

SolidSnakex said:
Jet Li also said he's going to go back and concentrate on Hong Kong movies now that he's finished with Danny...They've got their chance now to make a Jet/Jackie movie. It must happen!

I would love to see a Jet/Jackie move... but I super highly doubt that it will ever happen... Better yeat I would kill to see a Jet/Chow Yun movie.... Two cops... or two triad members... or something like that... ownage!!!

Blackace said:
Better than Seagal? He'd make a perfect villain in a Jackie flick...(Even better in a Jet Li flick) just for the fact that you'd get to see him get owned by Jackie... Kind of like when you got to see Chuck Norris get owned in Game of Death...

After hearing all those stories of Seagal intentionally hurting actors, i'd prefer him not to get anywhere around Jackie. They should just give Ekin Cheng the villain role, he was the other rumored new cast member to the movie. Although no role was specified for him.

A serious Jackie/Jet movie? Blech. Jackie can't act. Period. Jet is only marginally better at the best of times. I think a Fong Sai Yuk-style comedy would suit the pairing better.

karasu said:
Jackie can Act. Watch Heart of Dragon or Crime Story. Acting in English is a different story.

I've watched every Jackie movie since Laughing Hyena (closest translation I can think of for the title). Nope. He can't act. And he's too old to do proper martial arts stunts anymore.

Blackace

ScientificNinja said:
I've watched every Jackie movie since Laughing Hyena (closest translation I can think of for the title). Nope. He can't act. And he's too old to do proper martial arts stunts anymore.

Yeah he isn't the best actor... but he isn't bad... His whole thing was stunts...now that he is too old to really still do them.. .. it is a little sad to watch him in action..

karasu

Yes, he can. He's been awarded for it even, and he isn't too old for Martial Arts at all. He can still do it, his choreography has just been full of way too much fluff lately. Lau Kar Leung did hardcore kung fu well into his 60's. Jackie shows that he can still do it all of the time. Watch the deleted scenes on the Shanghai Knights DVD for example. He has another fight with Donnie Yen coming out soon as well.

Jackies whole thing wasn't stunts. All of the major kng fu filmmakers of the 80's had huge stunts. It was a huge game of one upmanships between the various teams (Hung ga Ban, Sing Ga BAn, Ko's team etc etc) What set Jackie apart was his choreography and general skill.

Blackace

karasu said:
Yes, he can. He's been awarded for it even, and he isn't too old for Martial Arts at all. He can still do it, his choreography has just been full of way too much fluff lately. Lau Kar Leung did hardcore kung fu well into his 60's. Jackie shows that he can still do it all of the time. Watch the deleted scenes on the Shanghai Knights DVD for example. He has another fight with Donnie Yen coming out soon as well.

Well opinions are opinions... I am not saying he is a bad actor... just not a great one... and compared to his stuff from like Dragon's forever and Drunken Master 2...he is not the same...

karasu

dude, trust me (I know you won't). He still has alot in him. MArtial Artist do it well past their 40's. It's his choreography. He's been creatively bankrupt as of late. He isn't even throwing real punches anymore. He's been trying to fit into this international style, and he's been held back by american studios. He fucked himself on one side of the world by trying to please international audiences, and he was fucked in america by people not letting him have the necessary control. When Chan goes back into his hole and starts directing his own movies again, and choreographing the way HE wants to again. Believe me, he will still cause jaws to drop. HE's working with Stanley Tong now, the guy responsible for alot of chans watering down, it MAY be a step in the right direction.

Hournda

Seagal would make an awesome badguy, as long as you get to see him snap necks and break arms like they do on Mad TV.

Blackace

karasu said:
dude, trust me (I know you won't). He still has alot in him. MArtial Artist do it well past their 40's. It's his choreography. He's been creatively bankrupt as of late. He isn't even throwing real punches anymore. He's been trying to fit into this international style, and he's been held back by american studios. He fucked himself on one side of the world by trying to please international audiences, and he was fucked in america by people not letting him have the necessary control. When Chan goes back into his hole and starts directing his own movies again, and choreographing the way HE wants to again. Believe me, he will still cause jaws to drop. HE's working with Stanley Tong now, the guy responsible for alot of chans watering down, it MAY be a step in the right direction.

It is not a matter of trusting you... I am a huge fan of Jackie... I have been following his career since I was real young.. I even met him once.. I totally feel what you are saying.. but we are not talking about just a man past his 40s...we are talking about a man with a fiberglass chunk resting in his skull... He can't even do contact fighting anymore due to the fact that he might die.. If he hasn't hurt himself while making such great movies eariler in his career I wouldn't have anything to say now....

Jet Li on the other hand still has many great years left in him... can't wait to see him back in HK films

karasu

I've met him too.

I'm no fan of Jet. He hasn't been good in like ten years, and before that his movies were only mediocre anyway lol. IMO at least.

Seeing the deleted scenes of Shanghai Knights shows Chan still has it. And There's been a possiblity of him dying from contact since Armor of God, but he still does it. It's just dangerous if he gets hit in a certain spot. Lau Kar Leung is STILL performing, he's gonna be in Tsui Harks next movie lol. Chan has alot of yearts left. Will he be like he was in Police Story? Of course not. But he's one of the biggest innovators this genre of film has ever had, he's gonna come up with something. He always talks about wanting to go back to old style choreography, maybe he will.

Blackace

karasu said:
I've met him too.

I'm no fan of Jet. He hasn't been good in like ten years, and before that his movies were only mediocre anyway lol. IMO at least.

Seeing the deleted scenes of Shanghai Knights shows Chan still has it. And There's been a possiblity of him dying from contact since Armor of God, but he still does it. It's just dangerous if he gets hit in a certain spot. Lau Kar Leung is STILL performing, he's gonna be in Tsui Harks next movie lol. Chan has alot of yearts left. Will he be like he was in Police Story? Of course not. But he's one of the biggest innovators this genre of film has ever had, he's gonna come up with something. He always talks about wanting to go back to old style choreography, maybe he will.

Amen! I hope he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom