• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. delayed till may 2005

Tim

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalker/news_6112007.html

"We're extremely grateful to [THQ] for allowing us the time we feel will allow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl to achieve its true potential," said a spokesman for GSC.

I was really looking forward to this game, but now the wait is just getting longer and longer. As with HL2, the game would feature revolutionary graphics if it were to come out this year but I'm afraid the graphics won't look as good by may 2005 standards. I think this game could be a potential GOTY anyway though.

Please. The game has been known to've been delayed to 2005 for a while now and May 2005 is only 6 months away. What do you think'll come out between now and then that'll make Stalker look "not as good' by comparison?

Tim

Mr_Furious said:
Please. The game has been known to've been delayed to 2005 for a while now and May 2005 is only 6 months away. What do you think'll come out between now and then that'll make Stalker look "not as good' by comparison?
Nothing. But did that stop HL 2 from looking revolutionary when released? Hell yeah.
And for future reference; please read the post more thoroughly before commenting upon it, for your question makes no sense if you look at my post. I didn't say a game would come along that would make it look "not as good".
Please.

I read your post just fine but generally speaking, doesn't something better need to come along in order to make something else "not as good"?

Oh and HL2 still looks goddamn impressive to me, even after being a year late :p

Jaded easily, are we?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Well fuck me up the goat ass.....one of the very few games I was really looking forward to. o wellz.

Tim

Mr_Furious said:
I read your post just fine but generally speaking, doesn't something better need to come along in order to make something else "not as good"?

Oh and HL2 still looks goddamn impressive to me, even after being a year late :p

Jaded easily, are we?
Nah not really, I just think it's a shame that Stalker's team made such an incredible engine and needs another 6 months (at least) to finally show it. And HL2 does look great, absolutely, but I don't think many people will be flabbergasted over it, graphically, while this would have been the case if it was released a year ago. Another thing to keep in mind is that E3 is right arounf the new release date of stalker. I hope its thunder won't be stolen by next gen console announcements or whatever. It's all those small things which can either make a game a multi million seller or let it bomb horribly, and I hope the Croatian (or Russian? Or Ukraine? whatever:p) team that made stalker makes lots of money with it to make more of these gems :)

Deg

Banned
Tim said:
Nah not really, I just think it's a shame that Stalker's team made such an incredible engine and needs another 6 months (at least) to finally show it. And HL2 does look great, absolutely, but I don't think many people will be flabbergasted over it, graphically, while this would have been the case if it was released a year ago. Another thing to keep in mind is that E3 is right arounf the new release date of stalker. I hope its thunder won't be stolen by next gen console announcements or whatever. It's all those small things which can either make a game a multi million seller or let it bomb horribly, and I hope the Croatian (or Russian? Or Ukraine? whatever:p) team that made stalker makes lots of money with it to make more of these gems :)

They havent shown the full DX9 game yet.

Top Bottom