• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sam & Max team forms Telltale Games - POSSIBLE RESURRECTION OF SAM & MAX

BuddyC

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/samandmaxfreelancepolice/news_6109473.html
Enthusiasts of the point-and-click adventure game, take heart: there's a new development studio pledging to resurrect the dying genre. Industry veterans Dan Connors, Kevin Bruner, and Troy Molander, along with other key members of the team that was developing Sam and Max: Freelance Police for LucasArts, have formed a new studio called Telltale Games. The San Rafael-based developer will concentrate on "re-energizing" the adventure game market.
But what about the question on everyone's mind--is a new Sam and Max title coming? Although Telltale Games hasn't specifically said anything, the upcoming first press release from the company does reference the game three times, then ends by saying that Telltale is currently "in the design phase on a well-loved license." Could it be? We'll just have to wait and see what Telltale Games has up their sleeves.
sam_screen002.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
let it be so!

PLEASE

This is the greatest possibility since that one time when we all considered going to Denny's! Of course, we didn't go, but let's hope this ends better! Sam and Maxors!

BuddyC

Sho Nuff said:
Um, not to be a dick or anything, but doesn't Lucas own the S&M license?
I'm not sure. I want to say that Purcell himself holds the license, as I know he holds the copyrights to the characters, but that leads into nasty lawspeak and I don't want to go there.

Either way, it's certainly feasible that Telltale would be granted use of the license. Purcell talked about how happy he was with the game before it was cancelled, and Lucasarts has shown they have no interest in using the license. If Lucas happens to own it, then this is a great way for them to make some extra cash on the side without any real effort and no risk of losing money - they'd still get a payment from Telltale regardless of the game's sales performance. Plus they have proof that Telltale is a capable team...

Sho Nuff said:
Um, not to be a dick or anything, but doesn't Lucas own the S&M license?

Well, the original comic artist (Purcell) does, I'd presume. LucasArts owns the rights to make S&M games, but that may be lapsed and/or negotiable. S&M isn't a "Lucas" property, tho.

Flynn

It was Lucas's original vision to fuck fans of Sam and Max, until this year he did not have the proper technology to do so,

this better be true. Although if they are working on a sequel to any of Lucasarts other adventure games then I wouldn't be that disappointed

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I hope it's actually point and click and none of this having to walk the character with my keyboard crap.

Mama Smurf said:
I hope it's actually point and click and none of this having to walk the character with my keyboard crap.

Amen to that.

This is great news. Point and Clcik adventures is making a come back (not).

Top Bottom