• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note III |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked mine up yesterday to replace my broken GN 2, I'm surprised at how much I'm liking this phone more. I could have easily skipped it if my GN 2 wasn't broken, though.

Lexxon

Just got my Diztronic case for my future VZW Note 3:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3KP156/?tag=neogaf0e-20

(It was Prime shipping when I got it.)

Just too paranoid about drops to keep it w/o a case. Had this brand on my GNex from week 2 or so on, when I could tell the phone would slip out of my hands a lot.

This is definitely going to be a huge size upgrade from the Galaxy Nexus, woo boy. It's mostly the width that will affect 1-handed use. Hoping I get used to it--I think I will, but I actually use my phone one-handed a lot more than I thought, since I've been actively thinking about it the last couple weeks.

EDIT: Whoa, when did I lose Junior? I've been a lurking junior for like, 5 years. Cool, man.

adelante

Didn't think I was gonna upgrade from my Note2 considering all the new features they've hyped up are all software so I figured it'll eventually come to other devices...but I caved in (free on contract, after trade-in, why the heck not I guess lol). Now, on to searching for the best case for this thing..........

Beware of the Sprint version of the Note 3:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/135660?start=0&tstart=0

I got mine and can't call home from work anymore because it all sounds either garbled or quiet and distant. I also do not get the same coverage with it as I did with the Note 2. I get less bars in the same places and slower or not existent internet speed compared to the Note 2 on the same network.
hahaha oh wow, first it's not Triband and now this!?

R.I.P.

Lexxon

Beware of the Sprint version of the Note 3:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/135660?start=0&tstart=0

I got mine and can't call home from work anymore because it all sounds either garbled or quiet and distant. I also do not get the same coverage with it as I did with the Note 2. I get less bars in the same places and slower or not existent internet speed compared to the Note 2 on the same network.

Oh, wow. I really hope this is a Sprint thing, and not a CDMA Radio thing. VZW phone coming on the 10th, and my Galaxy Nexus already gets shitty signal.

inpired_1ne

Neo Member
Pickin up one tomorrow, transitioning to android from iOS figured i would try something new..
Edit: any recommendations on apps to download for android on the note

Lexxon

Getting my VZW Note 3 today, assuming someone is home when they try to deliver. Excited!

Hi all,

On a separate note, has anyone seen one of these on sale in the U.S. yet?

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/84235/samsung-galaxy-note-3-extra-battery-kit-unboxing.html

I've seen it called an extra battery kit, spare battery kit, etc...and sometimes it has a small area to use as a stand for the phone, too. I had one of these for my Galaxy Nexus and it was very handy to charge my spare batteries. I'm hoping it's not necessary to use since I should see a pretty massive difference in battery life out of this phone, but I'd still like to get one. Preferably at Verizon, if possible, due to my 25% off discount, but I don't see it listed there yet, granted they just started selling the phone this morning.

Lexxon

My best friend is getting a Note 3 and giving me his Note 2.

Is it still a good phone?

I don't have one, but hearing from a lot of Note 2 owners, it seems like it's stood the test of time very well so far. It's behind in software (Android 4.1) but the 4.3 update is due soon, and may have been leaked, too. Battery life is great, from what I hear (better than Note 3, some claim).

My best friend is getting a Note 3 and giving me his Note 2.

Is it still a good phone?

I've had my Note II since it launched on Verizon. I can't imagine going back to a small phone anymore. The GPU is probably a bit underpowered compared to modern devices but LOL Android has no games anyways amirite? Besides that it performs great.

I especially enjoy it when people show me their new phones. I plop their phone on top of mine and point out that my screen is bigger than their whole phone.

mackattk

Wife got the Note 3 from Verizon yesterday. I am so fucking jealous. I am trying to think of a way to upgrade my Nexus 4 to a Note 3 on T-Mobile. We both would need to pay the full, unsubsidized price for the phones, so $1400 is a hell of a lot to swallow.

I like my Nexus 4, but I stupidly got the 8gb version, and am tired of having to shuffle apps because of the lack of storage, and the battery life sucks in comparison. I am ready to upgrade...

Mook1e

Is there anyone on Tmobile who moved up to the 3 from the 2 using Jump? I dropped my 2 and cracked the glass last month while traveling and now that I'm back I'm itching to just trade it in for the 3. I have insurance, but I undersrand it's just $13 more a month for jump.
Any experiences or advice?

mackattk

Is there anyone on Tmobile who moved up to the 3 from the 2 using Jump? I dropped my 2 and cracked the glass last month while traveling and now that I'm back I'm itching to just trade it in for the 3. I have insurance, but I undersrand it's just $13 more a month for jump.
Any experiences or advice?

If you have insurance already, there is no reason to not get on the jump plan. Iirc, you will save $3 since its cheaper than buying insurance.

besiktas1

lol every few days I feel to post in this thread just saying how much I love this phone. Converted about 6 people to buy one as well. So many things make them say wow when I demo. Bigger is better. A

GutsOfThor

Really love this phone! Coming from an HTC Rezound so this is a major jump for me. It's going to take a while for me to figure out all the little tips and tricks though....

Gvaz

Banned
Traded in my SGS3 for a Note 3. Unf.

Verizon has shitty prices on their data plans though, jesus. I was getting 2gb for $45 total on a family plan with US Cellular.

wilflare

Traded in my SGS3 for a Note 3. Unf.

Verizon has shitty prices on their data plans though, jesus. I was getting 2gb for $45 total on a family plan with US Cellular.

hope you're liking it :D heh
anyone using their Note 3 with a microSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom