• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sapphire X800 pro -> X800 XT question?

GrandPipe

I've recently bought a Sapphire x800pro VIVO card as i know you can softmod these to an x800XTPE.
I've goggled for hours and i'm still left with the question, which bios to use.

Has anyone done this sucessfully with the Sapphire card?

Some people say the gigabyte bios is too big and cannot be used (need to use modded bios with sapphire cards), some say it can. Some people say you need to go through 2 steps, others say only 1 step is necessary.
I suppose i'm just looking for someone who's done this sucessfully who can point me in the right direction :D

And for those that have nfi what i'm on about, check these links:
http://www.raptor-mods.co.uk/index.php?article&id=867
http://paddy007uk.freeservers.com/VGAbios/ATI RADEON x800 Pro VIVO FLASH GUIDE.htm

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Massive thread they had on the HardForums about this topic here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=777427

Several people used Sapphire cards and were successful. I flashed my X800Pro VIVO (Asus model) to an XT and everything has been great so far. I was able to run 3dmark03 at XT clock speeds, but it got a little hot so now I just run it at normal Pro speeds.

Steps I used were as follows - 1. Backup old BIOS 2. Flashed to Gigabyte BIOS 3. Confirmed 16 pipes were unlocked w/ ATItool 4. OC'ed the card to ATi XT speeds on the Gigabyte BIOS to make sure it could take the higher clockspeeds of the ATi XT BIOS (Gigabyte is clocked slightly slower than the ATi XT, so theres a better chance of getting into Windows if your card doesn't OC past Pro speeds well) 5. Flashed to ATi XT BIOS.

Windows reports it as an X800XT Platinum Edition and I've had no problems with BSODs or graphical errors in games. I'm using the 4.8 Catalysts.

Man I get to hate on ATI and Sapphire a lot today, and just when I came in!

I'm going to link to the pic, so technically I didn't post it, again, but you get the idea.
The Pic

Sapphire cuts the corners. Don't trust them with your gaming dollar.

DHGamer

That thread XMonkey gives is the same one I used 3 months ago on my x800 pro. Took about 5 minutes to do and the card screams in any game including Doom3. Here's another TOPIC that should be a big help too. Look down for tons of Pro>XTpe mods and files needed.

It is a 2 step process in most peoples opinions (2 flashes - gigabyte then ati). Read everything you can to make sure you have a flashable PRO first (rage theatre chip on back, 1.6ns ram etc...)

Good luck with the mod

GrandPipe

Cool, thanks. I think i'll just go the 2 step method first. I can alway roll back the changes if necessary anyway :D

ArcadeStickMonk, what card is that in the pic?

GrandPipe said:
ArcadeStickMonk, what card is that in the pic?
My bastardly, impotent Sapphire 9800 Pro, lucky to still be in the same condition as when that picture was taken.

Now, I form brand\hardware grudges vey easily, but damn if this one ain't been a corker.

ZombieSupaStar said:
*pats his vga silencer*
Pat your damn penis too, friend.

You upgraded your video card to help it perform better, more power to you, honestly.

I simply tried to use my card out of the box, and it failed me.

Either one of us assholes?

Top Bottom