• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Palin Joins ‘Judge Judy’-Like Courtroom Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I'm sorry, what?

Move over, Judge Judy. There could be a new TV courtroom judge coming to town – and it's none other than former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

The onetime vice presidential candidate has been tapped to preside over a planned reality court show that would premiere next year, if it gets picked up by stations. She signed a deal in February with Montana-based production company Warm Springs, a source close to the process tells PEOPLE.

"It's a production deal," the source explains. "What happens next is she'll meet with stations, make a pilot and sell it."

Warm Springs first approached Palin with the idea in 2015 and has since put together a team that includes the TV executive who found Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown.

Unlike the two famous TV judges, Palin does not have a juris doctor degree. But the source notes that the bestselling author has a variety of other qualities that make her perfectly suited to the job.

"Palin's telegenic personality, wide appeal and common sense wisdom make her a natural for this kind of format and she was Warm Springs' top pick for this project."

http://www.people.com/article/sarah-palin-tv-judge-show

Fucking what.

Will watch if they swap Palin for Tina Fey.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Z6FJjOR.jpg

Perhaps a sign that she won't be Trump's VP pick.

Or, a dastardly red herring to throw-off the Democrats when they think they're not gonna have to deal with her and then Trump plays his trump card and picks her as his VP anyway.

Every verdict will be a folksy, rambling, nonsensical word salad. Can't wait.

Too bad John McCain let himself be duped into picking her. The fact that she even had half a chance at being vp is insane. I wish i could hear his real thoughts on her and that decision.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If she has no official law degree and is not qualified to be a judge then any ruling she gives would be a joke no?

From my understanding, none of those judge shows are actual court proceedings. They're a form of arbitration, where both people agree to go with the ruling of the show. So you don't even need a legal degree for it.

Does she even function on a high enough level to do that? I can see her maybe showing up late for a guest appearance on an episode and ramble off some incoherent catch phrases.

NimbusD

'Establishment' republicans tried to put this woman within inches of the presidency. Now they're at a loss as to why Trump exists.

RPGCrazied

Little off topic, but since she endorsed him, and is campaigning for him some, this just came to me.

Can you imagine what Trump will try to do once he loses the race for the white house? Arnold is taking over his show, so. I can just see it now, a Trump reality show. Seeing the life of the Trumps, in the tower. Kinda like the Osbournes.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom