• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

saturn PAL/NSTC question

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
ok, so about six months ago i picked up a modden saturn (with a switch) off of a friend. i have some cash available to me now, and i'm doing some work on collecting a few new saturn games. i've noticed that picking up PAL versions is a hell of a lot cheaper than US ones, so i'm curious to know if i can run them on my machine without too much trouble.

i'm not at all knowledable to this type of information, so if anyone can enlighten me before i blow a wad of money, let me know. :)

thanks!

BuddyC

here's what i can tell you - you're going to run into problems with PAL vs. NTSC, though I do know a few NTSC copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga were released in Europe.

BuddyC

eXxy said:
i played PDS already, i have little interest in picking it up.
The NTSC European Box sells for more than the American version anyways. It's possibly, however unlikely, that the same thing (NTSC in Europe) happened for a few other games which would make them a lot easier to deal with.

emerge

It depends on what kind of mod has been carried out. I guess no 50/60Hz mod was done, but PAL games are fine with that apart from the fact that videos can go out of sync with sound. Of course your Saturn has to be region modded to support the Europe jumper settings. The Saturn actually shows the region it is set to in the menu. If your Saturn was only US/JPN modded you need to grab that soldering iron.

Top Bottom