• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saw Incubus Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ok, so the secret's out...I guess I can post my thoughts of the concert, even though I tried to keep a low profile here for a while -- all to no avail. Anyways:

Well, first thing's first. The Vines didn't show up -- I don't know why, and I was really bummed. I like a couple of their songs, so it would've been nice to see them. Sparta opened up for them; they were pretty decent.

Incubus put on an incredible show. It seemed to me there were a few hitches with Mike's pedal setup as he crouched down a couple of times to adjust them...so it seems as if they weren't pre-set. That out of the way, it never really hurt the show. They played 5 songs from the newest album, 3 from SCIENCE, Crowded Elevator (b-side, Scream III soundtrack), 2 from Make Yourself and 4 from Morning View. They didn't play Warning, Stellar, and they didn't play Pardon Me, which was a little weird. But they closed with The Warmth, which was awesome.

It was a show full of surprises too. For one, Brandon played guitar on 3 of the songs...that was fuckin' cool; I love it when the vocalists do that. And then there was this 4 minute drum-session between Brandon, Jose and Ben. Ben brought a two-piece drum set with a tophat and began playing on it. Brandon went over to Jose's drum rig, and began playing a pair of kongas. And for like 4-5 minutes it was this awesome drum jam. And after they finished that...Jose went NUTS! He was straight drummin' by himself for like another 2-3 minutes and the crowd went crazy. It was so frigin' good. Oh and Brandon started singing "Milkshake" in the middle of one of the songs, forgot which. It was really funny.

The concert would've been soooo much better for me had my partner (ex-gf) not been in such a shitty mood. I wanted to cancel on her and go with the same girl who I went to see A Perfect Circle with, but I would've felt like shit if I did. I should've though...really, really, should've. My friend had a headache, PMSing and the works. Everytime I looked over at her, I didn't see her enjoying the concert and it pissed me off. I barely spoke 2 words to her all night. It's all good, though -- I decided to gain some distance and enjoy the concert on my own and not let her bring me down. So aside her...the concert rocked.

Next up is The Cure. Going to see that with same friend I went to see APC with - Me. Am. Stoked.

Malakhov

Banned
Haha at the vines not showing up and you being stuck with a boring band I laugh at you and your family.

AlphaSnake

Malakhov said:
Haha at the vines not showing up and you being stuck with a boring band I laugh at you and your family.

Yeah, well...I can't say I disliked them. And thankfully they only played for 30 minutes. Usually the main event comes on at like 9:30, but Incubus come on at 9 on the dot.

Dead

well not really...yet
THe new Sparta albums is pretty good, its like a decent re-creation of At the drive in...was theire first album like that?

element

Well, first thing's first. The Vines didn't show up -- I don't know why, and I was really bummed. I like a couple of their songs, so it would've been nice to see them.
they bailed from the tour due to exhaustion.

Pattergen

Sparta rules. But everytime I hear them I weep a little because At the Drive In is not with us anymore.
sad.gif

AlphaSnake

You know...I just realized why Sparta looked so really familiar. I couldn't place my finger on it, because I'm not an avid fan, but it just hit me; Sparta = ATDI without Omar and Ced. I knew I've seen them before. Damn I'm slow.

Ah well, TMV > Sparta :p

Pattergen

Alphasnake said:
You know...I just realized why Sparta looked so really familiar. I couldn't place my finger on it, because I'm not an avid fan, but it just hit me; Sparta = ATDI without Omar and Ced. I knew I've seen them before. Damn I'm slow.

Ah well, TMV > Sparta :p

Indeed. Mars Volta really stepped it up with thier last album. But I still weep....

AlphaSnake

Diablos said:
No one cares, Alpha.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't troll my threads. I'm trying to stray far away from the whole childish shtick and *not* create any attention.

Considering this thread has quite a few replies I'd say that somebody does care. Keep your suck ass musical taste and trolling ways out of others threads Diablos.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
LinesInTheSand said:
Considering this thread has quite a few replies I'd say that somebody does care. Keep your suck ass musical taste and trolling ways out of others threads Diablos.

AlphaSnake

LinesInTheSand said:

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
AlphaSnake is Matrix's brother?! ;)

edit: did they play summerlove/anti-gravity love song?

I love that shit.

AlphaSnake

scola said:
AlphaSnake is Matrix's brother?! ;)

edit: did they play summerlove/anti-gravity love song?

I love that shit.

Yes! They did! It was so damn good.

And I'm his half-brother. :(

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Alphasnake said:
Yes! They did! It was so damn good.

And I'm his half-brother. :(

Wait, so you were the under another name for a while? And people figured it out? I don't care either way, I am just curious.

Cool, I would love to see them perform that song. We covered that in a band I was playing in, we had four horns so we had some nice extended intro stuff, then of course I got to throw down on the sax solo :D did they have horns at the show?

AlphaSnake

scola said:
Wait, so you were the under another name for a while? And people figured it out? I don't care either way, I am just curious.

Cool, I would love to see them perform that song. We covered that in a band I was playing in, we had four horns so we had some nice extended intro stuff, then of course I got to throw down on the sax solo :D did they have horns at the show?

Yeah, I was under RedMaiden trying to keep a low-profile but some wouldn't let me live that way. :(

No, we didn't get a solo because there was no trumpet player. I was expecting Mike to do it on guitar, but instead they started singing Milkshake. It kind of fit. :lol:

Malakhov

Banned
LinesInTheSand said:

Diablos

Bitches. Fight the good fight, ignore anything Alpha says EVEN IF IT IS INTERESTING.

You were RedMaiden? You pretentious fuck!!! No wonder you can't tell who a good drummer is even if he bit you in the ass.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
scola said:

Everybody figured it out and it only further cemented their beliefs when he'd deny it :p

You know, the Vines opening was the main reason I didn't even consider getting tickets to see Incubus. Saw them..uh...two years ago? Maybe it was last year....I don't really recall. Anyway, they were good. But the Vines are one of the worst bands around. God I hate them.

One of these days, my posts will have a point to them.

element

Diablos said:
No one cares, Alpha.
I do. I like The Vines, I think Winning Days is a great album. It is painful to say, but it is a REALLY good studio album. They do suck live though. I saw them on the Aussie Invasion Tour and they really do suck live.

AlphaSnake

Archaix said:
Everybody figured it out and it only further cemented their beliefs when he'd deny it :p

You know, the Vines opening was the main reason I didn't even consider getting tickets to see Incubus. Saw them..uh...two years ago? Maybe it was last year....I don't really recall. Anyway, they were good. But the Vines are one of the worst bands around. God I hate them.

One of these days, my posts will have a point to them.

Haha, I don't think they're that bad. Granted some of their songs are ridiculously flat, but their really loud stuff is pretty catchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom