• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scans of PC Gamer's November 1997 ten page Duke Nukem Forever article

golem

they should make duke nukem forever a timecapsule game.. each level will run a different engine, starting with their first attempt at making the game and on and on.. that would be hilarious

Mrbob

I love the caption quote on the last page of the article:

'The GL support in Duke nukem Forever will be optional; a 3D Realms game won't require a 3D card until Prey.'

Hahahha.

Having said that, the enviroments still look pretty damn good from a 1997 build of this game on the Quake engine. How does it look now?

element

it shocks me that I was in high school when this was 'really' in development. Shocking that it was using the Quake 2 engine.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
golem said:
they should make duke nukem forever a timecapsule game.. each level will run a different engine, starting with their first attempt at making the game and on and on.. that would be hilarious

That would probably be better than the (never-coming) end product.

I have that issue right here with me. The Max Payne feature is almost funnier than the DNF bits.

You should really scan in that class-act cover though. *snicker*

Someday we will play this game, and tbh i don't care if its awful, just that i finally got to touch it.

I wonder if they are on the UT2k4 engine yet?

FightyF

Banned

I'd actually pay for that.
:p

Top Bottom