• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

screen caps from Halo 2 teaser.... (56K NO!)

DSN2K

from HD trailer 0_o

bscap005.jpg

bscap003.jpg

bscap002.jpg

bscap001.jpg

bscap000.jpg

bscap004.jpg

bscap006.jpg

WOW :O

need to make some wallpapers,

I took these myself btw.

Jumpman

How did you get such high quality caps from the teaser? Was there a super high def version released that I don't know about?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Thanks for posting these. I've seen better in-game screenshots..the CG is nice, of course, but I don't like the third picture so much. Reminds me of a final fantasy game or something, with the polygonal model and static backdrop. I know it's just for cutscenes..i guess i just prefer the in-game action shots ;)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the thread is on the front page, there is a super duper massive high res WMV one with 5.1 and a 640x360 xvid of it. all direct feed

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MightyHedgehog said:
Seriously? Is it being shown at all IMAX theatres? Then again, I don't really want to see Harry Potter 3...

No, they're having some little tournament thingy going on today in San Jose and tonight, they're gonna have the Red vs. Blue dudes and some folks at Bungie to show off a couple RvB episodes and the Halo 2 trailer

http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2466

Sai

Stunning. That image of Earth is going to make such a kickass wallpaper... Right after I crop it up a bit... And add a HALO 2 logo...

Screw it, I'll let somebody else do it. :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Sai said:
Stunning. That image of Earth is going to make such a kickass wallpaper... Right after I crop it up a bit... And add a HALO 2 logo...

Screw it, I'll let somebody else do it. :(
I'm not good with graphics tools, but it's not too awful I think.
halo2_bg.jpg

IJoel

It seems that they removed all the environment bump mapping for the Hi-def capture of the video for the trailer.

Jumpman

DopeyFish said:
the thread is on the front page, there is a super duper massive high res WMV one with 5.1 and a 640x360 xvid of it. all direct feed

Thanks Dopey, I was in that thread earlier but the high res stuff wasn't posted yet.

KarishBHR

DSN2K said:

Great job!!! I took your first one and flipped it horizontally so it wouldnt block my icons... and now its like my best wallpaper ever! Thanks... if someone wants to use it like mine, open it up with paint and flip it. Or I can post it, w/e

Am I the only one surprised by the very low detail on the non-CG (yes, those high-detail master chief shots are most definately CG) shots? The level of detail seems to have been toned down or perhaps the high resolution makes LOD-stuff very obvious.

DSN2K

siamesedreamer said:
Could you grab us a capture of the ilovebees.com shot at the end of the trailer?

I would but I deleted the movie by accident yesterday :D

edit: I will get again now ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
cybercrash said:
Am I the only one surprised by the very low detail on the non-CG (yes, those high-detail master chief shots are most definately CG) shots? The level of detail seems to have been toned down or perhaps the high resolution makes LOD-stuff very obvious.

well, its is footage that is 2+ years old.... (and a bit of multiplayer in game footage)

Top Bottom