• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega GC love at last

Jacobi

Banned
They will port the vertical-shooter Chaos Field to the Gamecube. It'll release Feb05 in Japan and will be shown at the TGS.
Source : gamefront

Someone make a list of games per platform to illustrate the insignificance of this "love"... I want more SEGA! Platform agnostic my ass!

Sales numbers for added hilarity would be nice too.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
what does this have to do with sega? are they handling the port for some reason? they had nothing to do with the arcade game.

still, a new shmup is always good news. i'll pick up the dc version.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
some impressions of the arcade game: http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~shmups/shmupsforum/viewtopic.php?t=7991&highlight=chaos+field

apparently it's all boss fights. not mainly boss fights like radiant silvergun or alien soldier, but all boss fights. i've seen a couple videos, and it seems to borrow a couple mechanics from treasure's shmups: particularly silvergun's bullet-eating sword and ikaruga's homing shot. looks kind of neat.

edit: found the videos: http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/eng/product/chaos_movie_e.html

hysterical.jpg

"It won't die. IT JUST WON'T DIE!!!!! WHY WON'T IT DIEEEEEE?????"

Soul4ger

Okay. I'm gonna keep saying third-parties are abandoning GC support. Maybe we'll continue to get announcements like this. It might make me look like an ignorant ass, but it's well worth it!

Soul4ger

MadOdorMachine said:
Is it coming to NA?

It's not out of the realm of possibility, though Shikigami no Shiro 2 got overlooked by XS Games. Hopefully, Sega/Sammy will bring this, and not wait for someone else to get around to it.

Soul4ger

Can anyone possibly dig up the sales numbers for all four console versions of Shikigami no Shiro 2 for me? And while you're at it, can you get the PS2/Xbox sales for Shikigami no Shiro? Not sure if they'll combine the Xbox sales for the latter, or split it up between the two versions.

jarrod

Banned
Deg said:
What makes GC special? Why no Ps2 or Xbox version?
It's likely the ease of porting... Naomi/DC toolsets were already converted by Sega Mechatronics to run on GC/TriForce. For small teams like Able, Treasure or Alfa System this makes Naomi ports to GameCube almost effortless.... makes you wonder why SNK or Sammy never jumped on board with cheap Atomiswave ports?

Top Bottom