• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega lists 4 more psp titles

acklame

http://psp.ign.com/articles/558/558066p1.html

Four Past Project S
Sega lists a handful more games for release in Japan on PSP.
October 18, 2004 - On Sega's new listing site for Sony's upcoming handheld game system, the company makes mention of four more titles not previously announced by the company. These four games join Puyo Pop Fever and the mysterious Project S (although the mystery seems less mysterious if one were to base a guess on the company's S-named hero, Sonic) as the company's initial offerings in support of Sony's run at getting into the portable business.

The four games include the following:

* A multiplayer sports game (listed as a "battle" sports game -- likely to demark this game as one of Sega's action-sports games instead of part of its sim line)
* A graphical adventure game (play novel or point-and-click adventure)
* A communication RPG game (communication being an often-used adjective in new Japanese games, meaning that there will be lots of characters to talk with, with the specific listing here suggesting that this may be a dating sim)
* A digital pet game

All of these games are listed as undecided for release date, although these types of games are typically prevalent in the early part of a system's lifespan in Japan and are likely due out in the first part of the new year.

Of the four new titles, only the sports game seems to have global appeal (although we'd like to see what kind of virtual pet sim Sega has up its sleeves -- the last time the company played with that genre was Seaman, and it hasn't gotten more "virtual petting" than that since.) We'll have more on these games when Sega makes the full announcements of the titles.

Mashing

Why would Sega bother with a point and click adventure game on the PSP? That would be much better suited to the touch screen enabled DS. I'm definately liking developer making more games of that type though.

jiggle

acklame said:
* A communication RPG game (communication being an often-used adjective in new Japanese games, meaning that there will be lots of characters to talk with, with the specific listing here suggesting that this may be a dating sim)

Sakura Taisen!

I don't know why they'd bother with a point and click game period.

I still want to know what Project S is. If it really is Sonic i'm hoping its a new entry into the series.

Jonnyram

acklame said:
these types of games are typically prevalent in the early part of a system's lifespan in Japan and are likely due out in the first part of the new year.
Hmm. I don't know where they get this from.

neo2046

"A multiplayer sports game "

this??

Sega vertreibt World Snooker Championship 2005 / PSP-Version geplant

21.10.04 - Sega gibt bekannt, dass man das von Balde Interactive Studios entwickelte World Snooker Champtionship 2005 in Europa vertreiben wird. Das Spiel soll für PS2 und Xbox im April 2005 erscheinen.

Gleichzeitig bereitet Blade World Snooker Championship für PSP vor, das ebenfalls 2005 von Sega ausgeliefert wird.

http://www.gfdata.de/gamefront-temp/worldsnooker1.jpg
http://www.gfdata.de/gamefront-temp/worldsnooker2.jpg
http://www.gfdata.de/gamefront-temp/worldsnooker3.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It's not like a point and click adventure is so input intensive that it desperately demands a certain kind of input mechanism and there certainly could be other reasons why they want to put it on the PSP. Like the widescreen aspect ratio for a more cinematic experience, for instance.

Games like Resident Evil play out like glorified point and click adventures in large part and we've playing those for years on systems with gamepads.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
kaching said:
It's not like a point and click adventure is so input intensive that it desperately demands a certain kind of input mechanism and there certainly could be other reasons why they want to put it on the PSP. Like the widescreen aspect ratio for a more cinematic experience, for instance.

Games like Resident Evil play out like glorified point and click adventures in large part and we've playing those for years on systems with gamepads.

RE is quite different from a point and click. using an analog stick as a replacement for the mouse is a bit cumbersome when trying to control an arrow on the screen.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It's not necessarily a cursor-based point and click. For all we know, it could use the directional pad to quickly cycle between the interactive objects in the current room. Once the one you want is highlighted, click the 'action' button to interact with it. Like I said, the input requirements for a point and click aren't very demanding, so it wouldn't be hard to come up with a decent input scheme on most setups.

jarrod

Banned
These were announced weeks ago... full Sega lineups for the new handhelds.

PSP
-Puyo Pop Fever (Sonic Team)
-Project S
-Digital Pet
-Communication RPG
-Multiplayer Sports
-Graphical Adventure

Nintendo DS
-Feel the Magic: XY-XX (Sonic Team)
-Puyo Pop Fever (Sonic Team)
-Sonic DS (Sonic Team)
-Multiplayer Sports
-TV Character Action

...I'm curious if the sports game is the same on both handhelds?

If EA really doesn't launch a Madden for the PSP when it comes out it'd be really smart for them to put out a ESPN Football game. They'd have an empty market to work with in that genre.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why would Sega bother with a point and click adventure game on the PSP? That would be much better suited to the touch screen enabled DS. I'm definately liking developer making more games of that type though.
It could be something 3D like Broken Sword 3 or Grim Fandango, which suits better to analog or directional control than a point & click control.

Tim

Using the stylus and touch screen I can't wait to play some good point and click adventures, personally. I think the unit lends itself perfectly for it.

Top Bottom