• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally 2005 / Digital Devil Saga 2

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
It will only have decent textures, the framerate may drop at times, there won't be enough stages, the "feeling" won't be the same, there will be no online play.

Ill Saint

MightyHedgehog said:
God, I hope SR2005 is really good...it's gonna have to be if it's going to beat out RSC2.
I never played Sega Rally 2, but if it comes anywhere near the greatness of the original, I'll be ecstatic. The Saturn port was endless fun.

Ill Saint said:
I never played Sega Rally 2, but if it comes anywhere near the greatness of the original, I'll be ecstatic. The Saturn port was endless fun.

I agree. SR1 on the Saturn had me going for hundreds of hours...just trying to shave tiny bits of time off of my last run. Only RSC2 has done that since.

this must be a mistake. No source of quiter is reporting this, maybe a typo?

This Venus Link:
Dragon Quest VIII It carries out by being cursed with empty, the sea, and the ground, and is princess Mr.". Square ENIX / November 28. "

Digital devil SAGA ? Ava Taal tuner 2?" Atlas / RPG / the beginning of 2005

"Romantic SHINGU SA GA ? MINSUTORERU song ?" Square ENIX / RPG / the spring of 2005 Remake of SFC "romantic SHINGU SA GA"

"Girl friend 2nd of new century Evan GERION steel" Broccoli

Where's Sega Rally? I see nothing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
A remake of Romancing SaGa 1? Hell yeah...

I hope Square remakes #2 and 3 as well... and then makes a sequel to Live A Live...

neo2046 said:
no Triforce or no Chihiro
Sega Rally 2005 = bad game!! :p

seriously, why not wait for PS3 / XBOX2 ??

The PS2 already has a gigantic userbase, and it's the most popular platform for racers. So they might as well capatalize on that with something like this. From a graphics standpoint it'd be best to wait till then, from a financial standpoint this way is better.

XS+

Banned
After all this waiting for an update, SR 2005 better be an actual sequel and not some anniversay remix (the title already sounds similar to Daytona USA 2001)..

Bebpo

Banned
heh, yeah DDS ending sets up a sequel real nice.

I had figured that they either already had a sequel written or they just wanted to leave a lot to your imagination ^_^.

doncale

Banned
oh my gawd.

it's probably fake

or it's gonna be like Daytona USA 2001, a remix of the original Sega Rally....

opps, already mentioned...

doncale

Banned
Shinobi and all Sega Rally fans should be all over this thread.

if this was about Daytona 2005 / Daytona 3 / Daytona LIVE instead of Sega Rally 2005, I would be shitting my pants.

Soul4ger

The first Avatar Tuner didn't sell to Atlus's expectations, right? I'm surprised they're doing another one so soon.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Soul4ger said:
The first Avatar Tuner didn't sell to Atlus's expectations, right? I'm surprised they're doing another one so soon.

I was just going to ask how it did over there. Stores were pimping it to all hell.
And the original is still on track for November US release, right?

Soul4ger

RevenantKioku said:
I was just going to ask how it did over there. Stores were pimping it to all hell.
And the original is still on track for November US release, right?

Yes and yes. I think it might've broken 400K, but considering they expected it to appeal to MegaTen fans and Final Fantasy fans, I don't think it measured up. Someone get some real data in here!

Soul4ger said:

It sold 140k. SMT3 by comparison sold 245k. So it did pretty well for a spinoff.

doncale said:
Shinobi and all Sega Rally fans should be all over this thread.

if this was about Daytona 2005 / Daytona 3 / Daytona LIVE instead of Sega Rally 2005, I would be shitting my pants.

Well for one it's still just a rumour. And two I don't know if I want Sega to do a new SR yet. At least not this way. It strikes me as a bit late in the day and Sega so far haven't really been shining on the PS2. Also I disagree with SSX about it making more financial sense, because it seems to exclude an arcade release.

I can understand how maybe 2 years ago Sega may have considered a straight to home release, but now, not giving it a proper go in the arcades, where Sega seem to have been doing pretty well of late, just doesn't seem sensible.

I reckong they should be working towards an arcade release next year, maybe on a new board, with an eye on having the home port(s) ready for next gen launch.

doncale

Banned
I reckong they should be working towards an arcade release next year, maybe on a new board, with an eye on having the home port(s) ready for next gen launch.

this is what I'm actually hoping for. I'm not a huge SR fan, but I like any good Sega Racers. I agree the next SR game should be on a new arcade board and nextgen consoles.

Shinobi

In my view, a new Sega Rally for this generation would be a complete waste of time. Then again, a home version of OutRun 2 is probably a waste of time as well...won't stop me from getting it.

A new Sega Rally is inevitable. It's just a question of when it will happen. I don't see them skipping an arcade release, when the first two games made so much money for them. I reckon Sega Rally 3 will be the debut game for Naomi 3, as VF5 is probably at least another year away. The 2005 moniker might indicate they're gonna turn this into a yearly series like WRC has been and Colin McRae appears to be now, but I doubt that. Moreover, I'd be interested in seeing if it'll have fully WRC licensed cars. Sony's deal was for five years, but I'm not sure if it runs out at the beginning or the end of 2005. Either way, I'd much rather see the proper WRC paint jobs then the generic ones that non-WRC games have had the last few years.

While I'd prefer SR3 to be on Xbox arcade hardware,still... PS2 is fine. I hope this is true. A new Sega Rally would fucking rule beyond every other sequel out there. And I also prefer the original Sega Rally to its sequel,it had better handling and though it only had 4 tracks,they were really great memorable ones to play on over and over again. The games music is so mind gripping too,I never tire of those tunes and have them ripped onto the Xbox for every racer that I buy and play to this very day.

I hope this is for real,please,be real. Please,please.

Top Bottom