• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA TGS Videos: Need Help on getting the source files

Rlan

SEGA have got a page full of videos of some of their games, like SEGA Superstars, over here:

http://www.sega.co.jp/segachan/tgs2004pr.html

But now it seems they're using some screwed up method to make them stream, and I can't seem to be able to find a source for the file in the HTML, and I can't view them because Windows Media Player refuses to work with anything WMV [ironically].

Any help?

BuG

If kiryogi's suggestion doesn't work, try WM Recorder (try Google for the website, but I'm pretty sure it's http://www.wmrecorder.com). It seems to be downloading the source file for the broadband Outrun 2 stream at the moment. I'm on dial-up so it's only 15% through, but so far it's doing the same as it has in the past when I've successfully downloaded streaming media with it. The demo version of WM Recorder only allows a short amount of recording time, but on broadband that should be enough.

edit: I don't know if it'll be a problem for you, Rlan, but WM Recorder is saving the stream as a WMV file.

Rlan

Oh, I use WMRecorder, I just can't FIND the stream, since WMP screws up on me.

Someones sent me the files I want though :)

Sega Superstars looks quite nice actually. I don't see how Crazy taxi's game works, but the Billy Hatcher one looks pretty damn good.

I'm just a bit worried on how LONG these are. I mean, Monkey Ball could really be a full game or an add-on to Monkey Ball DX if it wanted. Maybe it's just the 50 extra levels in DX? The Sonic level seems to be different looiking compared to the early images.

Sonic Mega Collection + seems to have some making of footage of the Heroes CGs, which is a plus, and sketches!

Puyo Pop Fever DS looks like the GBA version [maybe a bit better?] with Dual screens. The bottom screen is used to show reactions between the two characters.

Puyo Pop Fever PSP [I assume] is more like the console versions, more flashy firework effects, and a bit more 'bounce' to the Puyos when they crash down, but that might be the bigger video compared to the DS one, as it has to show 2 screens.

Top Bottom