• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega trademarks Tabegoro! Super Monkey Ball in Japan

Bullet Club

Banned
Sega trademarks Tabegoro! Super Monkey Ball in Japan

New Super Monkey Ball game in development?

RJ3tFdz.jpg

Sega Games has trademarked Tabegoro! Super Monkey Ball in Japan. “Tabegoro” means “ripe,” “in season,” or “good to eat.”

Monkey Ball first launched for arcades in 2001, followed by GameCube as Super Monkey Ball the same year. The latest entry in the series, Super Monkey Ball Bounce, launched for iOS and Android in September 2014, but was removed from sale in 2015. Prior to that, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz launched for PS Vita in June 2012.

Sega has not announced the development of a new Super Monkey Ball title.

Source: Gematsu

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I hope so but I hope they scrap everything they gave tried to do after 2 for GameCube.

Go back to the simpler times with it. No motion controls!
Banana Splitz is great!

The name sounds like a damn phone game, but if it is a proper sequel on consoles, count me in.

Kazza

Which Monkey Ball game is considered the best? The Vita one? I've only ever played the original Gamecube one, but got stuck on one particular level :messenger_pouting:

BlackTron

I loved the first one on GC. The pool mini-game was excellent. I wish I could just get a port of that lol.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I want Virtua Fighter 6 first !

and a new Sonic Adventure or Heroes (or a remake ?)

and Jet Set Radio 3

Then we'll see for Super Monkey Ball... :messenger_ok:
Nope. AM2 could destroy the universe with Fighter Megamix 2 feat Yakuza, Shenmue, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Eternal Champion, Golden Axe.

Spearheadz

I just want Monkey Target from the original GC game turned into a full blown multiplayer game .

Monkey Target was the best minigame ever created in this whole universe. I really want there to be a full-blown Target-like game. So fun.

Hope it's not a mobile game but its likely.

I think they should try SBAdventure format again, just make sure QA makes the hubs less buggy.

Kazza

Wasn't the Wii version considered one of the worse? Was it just because of the motion controls, or were there other problems?

The Snake

I'm not sure which one it is that I played, but it was on PS2 and had the core game plus like, a shit load of really addicting mini games. If they could do that again, that would be great.

Kazza

The main game was good, some of the mini games and bosses weren't so good though.

Sounds good. I've only played the original Gamecube version, which I loved (but got stuck on one particular level...). It's a pretty timeless gameplay concept, so I happy with any release (although I think they missed a trick by not having a game out for the Switch launch - could have banked on that Gamecube nostalgia)

I'd love a new one in 60fps and with stable performance. Wonderful series that I've played since adolescence, but I've never really been that good at it.

dan76

Good to see a lot of fans of Monkey Target on here. One of the best games on the old cube. Played it way more than the main game. I think I'm going to play it tonight!

Never played the Wii version. Can you play with the GameCube controller or is it all forced motion controls?

GamesAreFun

Banned
Good to see a lot of fans of Monkey Target on here. One of the best games on the old cube. Played it way more than the main game. I think I'm going to play it tonight!

Never played the Wii version. Can you play with the GameCube controller or is it all forced motion controls?
From what I recall the single player campaign only uses the motion controls, while some of the mini games use the nunchuk. Personally I really enjoyed Banana Blitz though found it too difficult to finish.

Fat Frog

M2 is already porting Model 2, Lindbergh titles to PS4 through Yakuza and last year claimed that Naomi games (Monkey ball was an arcade game) were already possible on Switch...
Is Virtua On OT on the PS4 collection the Naomi version ?
Does it announce a wave of Naomi ports on Switch PS4 ? (Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead 2 ?) Is it an easy Way to prepare a Dreamcast/Naomi mini ?

M2 is already porting Model 2, Lindbergh titles to PS4 through Yakuza and last year claimed that Naomi games (Monkey ball was an arcade game) were already possible on Switch...
Is Virtua On OT on the PS4 collection the Naomi version ?
Does it announce a wave of Naomi ports on Switch PS4 ? (Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead 2 ?) Is it an easy Way to prepare a Dreamcast/Naomi mini ?
What are the titles ported over to Yakuza? I know the series has an arcade kinda like Shenmue but I haven't gotten far into the franchise.

clem84

Gold Member
SMB 1, 2 and deluxe were all great games. There was the one for Vita I also enjoyed. Just give me something similar for modern consoles. No motion control, no mobile games.

Fat Frog

What are the titles ported over to Yakuza? I know the series has an arcade kinda like Shenmue but I haven't gotten far into the franchise.
OMAGAD, you'll lose your fucking mind ho ho ho. It became insane since Yakuza 6:

Yakuza 6: Virtua Fighter 5FS, Outrun, Puyo etc
Yakuza Kiwami 2: Virtual On, Virtus Fighter 2 etc
Jugement: Motor Raid, Fightkng Vipers, VF5FS, Fantasy Zone, puyo...

Since the Dragon Engine, the Game Centers became legit whore houses... @_@
The upcoming Yakuza game could even feature Chihiro or Hikaru games :love:

It Also features a HOD clone...

Last edited:
Yakuza Kiwami 2 in 4K, 120 FPS will blow your mind on PC.(not sure your penis and marriage will survive this though)
Hahah sadly I don't have a gaming PC anymore and I'm unlikely to get one anytime soon. If anything, I need to trim down my collection and crush on the platforms I do own.

Fat Frog

Hahah sadly I don't have a gaming PC anymore and I'm unlikely to get one anytime soon. If anything, I need to trim down my collection and crush on the platforms I do own.
I see. First I was like "come on, Sega. We don't need a Yakuza 4, 5 every year".Then, Yakuza 6 happened with shiny Shenmue 1 like awesome zones, VF5Fucking Showdown, Virtual On in Kiwami 2 and Motor WTF Raid in Judgment !!!
Now, i'm like "Hurry up, Sega ! I need 3 Yakuza a year godammit "!!!

Monkey ball, Hummer, Scud Race, Last Bronx, Golden Axe Roda, Daytona 2, ABC, VO OT, there is so much to port...

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I hope there will be an opportunity to buy a retial version for 70€. Give me back my Monkey Ball :).

Top Bottom