• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Self-Help Needed: I am Lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motch

Hey guys,

I need some help. I am completely, unabashedly lazy. I am so completely unmotivated I come home from work, and just sit either here at the computer or at the TV all night long. It's sometimes just so unbearable for myself because often at work I run through my head "okay, I have to do this, this, this, etc." and then I get home and just completely waste away the night. I'm assuming that many people have this problem (and I suppose it could be worse, I do have a job), but I need your help anyway.

What kind of tips do you guys use to stay motivated? I hear keeping a journal does a trick, but even that will take some real motivation to do.

Also, I would like some good book recommendations on the topic. I also hear that Donald Trump's books are good on keeping "your eye on the ball" as it were, but I would like to hear some books that you guys have read that have made you change your lifestyle habits to suit a much more, ahem, "work-ethic oriented" theme.

Thanks.

EDIT:... this is the book:

1400063272.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

EDIT 2: Yeah, yeah I know I just posted this minutes ago, but I'm going to Chapters tomorrow (the Canadian mega-bookstore) and I'm going to pick something up. I'm just going to get whatever self-help book has the most amount of reviews on it... I'll let you guys know how it works out for me.

Eric-GCA

Banned
I feel your pain man, for I too am plagued by the very same problem. It sure sucks knowing that there are things you have to do and for some reason you just cant get started on them (and by the time you do, it's too late).

It's dreadful indeed.

Motch said:
Hey guys,

I need some help. I am completely, unabashedly lazy. I am so completely unmotivated I come home from work, and just sit either here at the computer or at the TV all night long. It's sometimes just so unbearable for myself because often at work I run through my head "okay, I have to do this, this, this, etc." and then I get home and just completely waste away the night. I'm assuming that many people have this problem (and I suppose it could be worse, I do have a job), but I need your help anyway.

What kind of tips do you guys use to stay motivated? I hear keeping a journal does a trick, but even that will take some real motivation to do.

Also, I would like some good book recommendations on the topic. I also hear that Donald Trump's books are good on keeping "your eye on the ball" as it were, but I would like to hear some books that you guys have read that have made you change your lifestyle habits to suit a much more, ahem, "work-ethic oriented" theme.

Thanks.

EDIT:... this is the book:

1400063272.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

EDIT 2: Yeah, yeah I know I just posted this minutes ago, but I'm going to Chapters tomorrow (the Canadian mega-bookstore) and I'm going to pick something up. I'm just going to get whatever self-help book has the most amount of reviews on it... I'll let you guys know how it works out for me.

I'd do all that but.... eh... ... you know..

Motch

Cyan said:
0671708635.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Good book. The guy can be a bit overbearing, but he's got some great ideas.

Remember-- these things only work if you actually DO them.

Okay, I'm going to get that tomorrow, along with Trump's book, and this:

EZbDnUsRxLUHlpnXg20Edylj28JTLIUnjBvJW

I heard from the Internet that it is also a very good book on solving motivation problems, surprisingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom