• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Self (the band) Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

1)
B00000JMWU.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

2)
B0000009AN.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

3)
cover_flbs.gif

4)
cover_sf.gif

There's a bunch of other albums that are neigh impossible to find hard copies of. Feels Like Breakin' Shit and Selfafornia are two of those (Find them here though). Breakfast is one of my favorite albums of all time. Gizmodgery is interesting, but loses it's 'made all by children's toys' gimmick a little fast.

And a big
Disappointed_anim.gif
at that song they put on the Shrek album.

Love this band though. If you haven't heard them, check out selfies.com for a good site for live music, video, the b-side albums such as the two I mentioned, and some information. And buy Breakfast with Girls and Subliminal Plastic Motives.

Pattergen

I'm going to keep pimping this shit. Has no one heard of this group? Go to the website and check out Selfafornia. Do it now! Then listhen to Breakfast With Girls, the last several songs in particular (Placing the Blame being one of my favorite songs of all time).

holy shit dude my gf is a huge self fan.

we saw them *4* times in about 2 weeks here in los angeles late last year. i'll be honest with you, from just their records i thought they sucked balls. my gf pretty much had to drag me to the first show. but, they are very good live. they are MUCH better live than on record. here are some of my favorites, i apologize if i get the song names wrong. ill show my gf this thread. anyways, my top self songs:

kidDies
trunk full of amps motherfucker
nurse who loved me (yeah its a cover but it was cool live, even though i didnt see it live my gf has the mp3)
mechanical boy
delia
song from dead man on campus
pattycake

there are others i like but to be honest i dont like many of them on record. my gf tells me one of the records was recorded with childrens toys, i thought that was kinda cool. she said they couldn't do many shows live on that tour cause the cost for batteries to play it live was so much.

anyways dudes check this band out but keep in mind i didn't like them much at all until i saw them live

Pattergen

The b-side albums are terrific. Their best songs are off these albums (some of the ones FrenchMovieTheme mentioned). Download those. Buy the other ones. Like I said, though, Breakfast is truely one of the best albums ever made.

Thier live show rules too. This band rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom