• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sengoku Basara HD Collection (JP) |OT| Welcome all four of you who care!

What is it?

A collection of the main Sengoku Basara series from the PS2, now in glorious HD! Includes Sengoku Basara 1, Sengoku Basara 2, and the very expansive expansion, Sengoku Basara 2: Heroes.

What do you do?

You murder tons and tons of japanese soldiers as one of up to 30 super stylish Japanese historical figures, that's what you do! It's much like the Koei Warriors/Musou series, but trades wide open stages full of friendly generals who die on you forcing a game over with more streamlined stages and a deeper, combo based battle system.

How does it work?

You equip Weapons, Items, and Armor Pieces, pick two skills, and go on your killing spree! Each character has a standard Square combo string that can be mixed up with the two Triangle skills you've chosen in order to smash, slam, and juggle enemies to oblivion. Each character has up to 3 costumes, 6 or so unique skills, 8 uniquely designed weapon skins, and 3 armor pieces to collect, along with equipping up to 5 out of a ridiculous amount of Items used to customize your character and playstyle.

Why do I want to play this?

Because it has character designs by Makoto Tsuchibayashi! (you really don't need any other reason)

How do I play this?

Sadly, only by importing it from Japan (because you shameful people didn't buy Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes, another amazing entry into the series)

Why do I know this?

I dunno, maybe you've seen the anime, or heard people blabbing about wanting Date Masamune in Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Is this that series that only survives because it has a crazy female following due to the super sexy male charac-

I'll just stop you right there. Yes, this series may survive on merits other than the games themselves, but if that's what it takes for more Basara, then godspeed!

With that said, enjoy the game and PUT YA GUNS ON!

Is this like most other PS3 HD collections where each game has their own set of trophies?

On the fence about importing. I imported Basara 2 and it was totally worth it but I dunno..trying to get that PC money together.

Also, just so you guys know, the graphical upgrade is very good. Looks almost as good as SB3 (which admittedly isn't the pinnacle of HD graphics gaming, but still). The HD-ness really brings the very well done character models and designs to life.

It's safe to go with the Asia version right?

JP version is $62 but the Asia one is $17 cheaper.

I may as well get in on this. I liked the characters in SB2 so much more than SB3.

I'm on the way to caring? I love the hell out of Sengoku Basara (I've bought everything related it to here that's released, anime, manga and artbook preordered). I'm just taking my time maxing out the characters and getting all of those items, blah.

I'll get this when it's cheaper though. Don't have the money to spend on it right now. ;_;

shaowebb

BTW did you guys know that this game series is getting a tokusatsu style live action tv show with Gackt playing Oda Nobunaga?

Oh its true. Its damn true.

nS6bT.jpg

Also because wow at these outfits Kamen Rider Birth is playing Takeda Shingen.
kGjyV.jpg

Noi

I didn't think I lived in a world where a live action version of BASARA would have GACKT cast as Nobunaga. Thankfully he doesn't look half-bad.

$45 w/shipping if I want to import it right now. I really shouldn't though...

shaowebb

I didn't think I lived in a world where a live action version of BASARA would have GACKT cast as Nobunaga. Thankfully he doesn't look half-bad.

$45 w/shipping if I want to import it right now. I really shouldn't though...

Surprisingly he is actually a really good actor. Moon Child was really fun and he does great character acting. Oda Nobunaga should be great with him covering it. Also pull the trigger already. The games are golden.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I never got into musou style games but I really enjoyed SB3 on Wii, though not enough to finish it with all characters yet.

I wish we got the expandalone thingie here though. And sequels already!

Noi

Surprisingly he is actually a really good actor. Moon Child was really fun and he does great character acting. Oda Nobunaga should be great with him covering it. Also pull the trigger already. The games are golden.

Oh, I know he's a good actor. I just could never made that kind of connection, not when he's mostly known for being the pretty boy that he is.
KuGsj.gif

Sigh, if Capcom outright said "we will never bring this out in the US ever" I'd be shooting already. It's such a gamble with this damn company. I'd be a while before I can play it anyway, Play-Asia says 21 days estimated shipping with no option for faster ones since I'm from Puerto Rico. :|

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
More people should realize this game exists

Don't really care when I have Sengoku Basara 3+Utage on PS3. I might get this on the cheap next time I go to Japan, though.

If you're going to import a beat-em-up, the clear choice is Max Anarchy, not an old HD Collection that has been "replaced" by its better sequel.

But this would have been a day one import purchase if they released it for the Vita. Would still like to see SB3/Utage get a port, too.

Mecha

I'm going to have to get this at some point, just to add to the collection. I remember hearing there being a teaser in the game, is that true or am I going insane?

I'm going to have to get this at some point, just to add to the collection. I remember hearing there being a teaser in the game, is that true or am I going insane?

The teaser is simply a trailer for EX Troopers. Sadly it had nothing to do with SB

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I care but no point in this after playing SB3. Will probably feel like a step backwards.

they should announce SB4 already.

Top Bottom