• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sennheiser PC350 on sale for $79 at Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.pcgamer.com/sennheiser-pc350-headset-drops-to-79-from-130-expires-in-1-hr/

Article's from PCgamer. It says 'expires in one hour' but it's still listed as up for me with five days remaining:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106638&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11552995&PID=6361382&SID=hawk-1324740702

Any of you guys have this headset? Know if it's any good? I'm a bit sick of my desktop mic to be honest, it's been pretty obnoxious lately.

http://www.pcgamer.com/sennheiser-pc350-headset-drops-to-79-from-130-expires-in-1-hr/

Article's from PCgamer. It says 'expires in one hour' but it's still listed as up for me with five days remaining:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106638&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11552995&PID=6361382&SID=hawk-1324740702

Any of you guys have this headset? Know if it's any good? I'm a bit sick of my desktop mic to be honest, it's been pretty obnoxious lately.

I finally just went with a mod mic (and its on sale for $36.49) and attached it to my headphones, best of both worlds. Vmoda boom pro mic is also a solid choice depending in the type of headphones you're using. (Requires the audio cable to be a detachable element) like on my ATH M50X's.

I finally just went with a mod mic and attached it to my headphones, best or both worlds. Vmoda boom pro mic is also a solid choice depending in the type of headphones you're using. (Requires the audio cable to be a detachable element) like on my ATH M50X's.

My headset is good, but my desktop mic is way too sensitive. No matter what settings I use, it'll pick up a quiet conversation in my living room from my bedroom. It's pretty obnoxious for my friends I'm gaming with.

My headset is good, but my desktop mic is way too sensitive. No matter what settings I use, it'll pick up a quiet conversation in my living room from my bedroom. It's pretty obnoxious for my friends I'm gaming with.

I totally understand I have a yeti and it's the same. I only use that for recording work now. I use the mod mic and I have used gaming headsets prior because I wanted no or limited ambient sound and voice monitoring. I have that and significantly better audio quality now by using a good pair of headphones and the mod mic.

MutFox

Banned
I've owned this headset for a while now.
No problems at all, sounds really good and mic is good.

Of course, I bought it for much more than that.

mkenyon

Banned
The mic on these is fucking God-Tier that $300 USB mics can't even touch. For people who do a lot of voice chat, it's a very welcome upgrade for those you communicate with.

GOAT PC Gaming Headset.

You can also get some different ear cups if you want a more open soundstage, like these velour pads:

erep003-b2.jpg

I used to have a pair, then dropped it for AKG Q701s w/ ModMic, then DT880s w/ ModMic, then went back to these. The Mic is just too damn good.

mkenyon

Banned
I'd recommend nothing but:

Phillips SHP9500 (on sale for $49.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190&cm_re=shp9500-_-26-138-190-_-Product

V Moda Boom Pro Mic ($29.99)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJ17WKK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

beats any gaming headset
This isn't really a headset, in the classical sense. It's a pair of Sennheiser headphones with an amazing mic attached. If a super good mic isn't a big deal, then yeah, I think your suggestion is better. If you play competitive games though, PC350s are so good.

Sanjuro

I just did the Sennheiser HD 558 + VMODA Mic combination and loving it.

This is very tempting for the hell of it.

The mic on these is fucking God-Tier that $300 USB mics can't even touch. For people who do a lot of voice chat, it's a very welcome upgrade for those you communicate with.

GOAT PC Gaming Headset.

You can also get some different ear cups if you want a more open soundstage, like these velour pads:

I used to have a pair, then dropped it for AKG Q701s w/ ModMic, then DT880s w/ ModMic, then went back to these. The Mic is just too damn good.

Welp, I'm convinced, mostly.

This is my current headset. No mic, but any chance you guys know how the sound quality compares?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZG9TMA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Corpekata

Banned
I'm also a bit curious about the sound quality. I bought a Hyper Cloud X 2 and was disappointed with the sound quality so any game I want to use my mic for I sort of dred.

I was considering saving up for some good headphones + a mic later, but mkenyon's posts are testing my resolve.

mkenyon

Banned
I'm also a bit curious about the sound quality. I bought a Hyper Cloud X 2 and was disappointed with the sound quality so any game I want to use my mic for I sort of dred.

I was considering saving up for some good headphones + a mic later, but mkenyon's posts are testing my resolve.
Just keep in mind it'a analog, and they respond well to a bit of power. A crappy onboard audio solution without a sufficient amp isn't going to sound as good.

But also, if you want quality sound over a really good mic, those Phillips cans linked above will sound better. The beauty of the PC350s, IMO, is in the Mic quality and comfort. They do sound great, but not as great as equally priced audiophile headphones.

saelz8

I've owned this headset for a while now.
No problems at all, sounds really good and mic is good.

Of course, I bought it for much more than that.
Yeah, I saw the thread and immediately remembered you had these. I might get them, I'm kind of tired of my USB mic.

Is the cable braided? That's the main reason I got rid of my 363d's. The cord kept getting tangled.

Corpekata

Banned
Just keep in mind it'a analog, and they respond well to a bit of power. A crappy onboard audio solution without a sufficient amp isn't going to sound as good.

But also, if you want quality sound over a really good mic, those Phillips cans linked above will sound better. The beauty of the PC350s, IMO, is in the Mic quality and comfort. They do sound great, but not as great as equally priced audiophile headphones.

I'm not a big audiophile. The Cloud X 2 just sounded tinny to me. Some suggested it might be a defect with my specific headset but I've read enough complaints about it to suggest it's semi common and some just don't notice / aren't bothered by it, or at the very least it's a common defect.

I only have onboard audio right now, was thinking of getting a sound card down the line too. I just want something that's decent quality and won't give me a headache whenever a character says a word with a S in it or there's high note effects and music.

I am about to restart WoW with a bunch of old guildmates and the idea of using my Cloud X 2's on Vent or Discord is giving me pause.

TheExodu5

Banned
The PC350 are extremely good. Probably the best headphones I've owned. Too bad I sat on mine and broke them. And the previous poster is right about the mic being God tier.

Really sucks this is not available in Canada. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Oh, and these are not bassy whatsoever. If you're a bass head, stay away. Soundstage is decent but not spectacular. They might have the HD 590 drivers, but don't expect them to match them sonically. The sound is very different.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
thanks for posting! i love my sennheiser hd 5-- series for single player, this will be terrific for overwatch

UraMallas

I have a huge head and the Official Xbox Headphones are too tiny and gives me a headache after about an hour. Are these bigger?

Nutter

I just bought the Steelseries Siberia 800. Are these better/same league as those?

For the price difference, if they are only slightly worst, I can totally live with that.

Sanjuro

I think I'm going to hold off. I'm spoiled by the open back style of headphones for gaming now. I think there is another one in the gaming line like this, I'll keep an eye out.

Boba2007

How long do you think these will last me? Every time I buy headphones they break after 6 months or a year. Want to make sure it's actually worth it this time.

Sanjuro

How long do you think these will last me? Every time I buy headphones they break after 6 months or a year. Want to make sure it's actually worth it this time.

Sennheiser will always be a good choice. Only downside with this pair are the ear cup pads, they will break down quick. Someone already posted an alternative velour pad you can get I think.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

I've gone through dozens of "smaller" portable headphones.

My pair of Senn HD 555s has lasted me almost a decade. Got em in 2007 as I was ending college and they are still going strong.

I did just buy a pair of velour pads along with the PC350s, though.

rrs

I had the old PC350, great sound even on ass integrated sound but the volume control thing started to flake out and I shelved mine. I got the phillps headphones in this thread to replace my dying hifiman earbuds I got to replace my PC350, and I need a more open sound device than what I got now

If it's worth anything, I've had a pair of PC360s for three years and they are absolutely fantastic. By far the best headphones I've ever had.

TheExodu5

Banned
If it's worth anything, I've had a pair of PC360s for three years and they are absolutely fantastic. By far the best headphones I've ever had.

I've owned both. Although they use the same drivers, they are tuned very differently. The 360D are far more bassy despite being open. They're also far less durable...the volume control on the earcup wore out for me and now sound only comes out of one ear. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom