• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Game Informer Scores

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
ESPN NFL 2k5 9.5 / 9.5 GOTM theedge: Xbox
Madden NFL 2005 8.75 / 8.75 theedge: Xbox
Nascar 2005 8.75 / 8.5
NHL 2005 8.5 / 8.5 theedge: Xbox
ESPN NHL 2K5 8 / 7.75 theedge: Xbox
Silent Hill 4: The Room 8.5 / 8.5
Catwoman 4.75 / 5
Second Sight 8.5 / 7.5
Viewtiful Joe 9.5 / 9.25
Dog's Life 7 / 6.5
Hot Shots Golf Fore 9 / 8
DW4: Empires 7 / 7
Ghosthunter 6.5 / 7.25
AstroBoy (ps2) 5.5 / 6.75
SF: Anniversary Coll. 8 / 8
Armored Core: Nexus 7.25 / 5
Phantom Brave 8 / 7.25
Asterix & Obelix XXL 6 / 6.75
Amazing Island 7.25 / 7
Rainbow Six (gc) 5.75 / 5.5
Sudeki 7.75 / 7.5
Samurai Warriors 7.5
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload 8.25
Pro Fishing Challenge 4.25
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow 8 / 8

Uru: The Path of the Shell 8.25 / 8 PC GOTM
Aura: Fate of the Ages 7.25 / 7
Missing: Since January 6.5 / 8

Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 5.5 / 6
Mighty Beanz Pocket Puzzles 6
Catwoman 6.5
Ultimate Card Games 7
Spider-Man 2 7
Yu-gi-oh! Reshef of Dest. 4.5
Madden NFL 2005 7

Great issue actually. Full of good previews and a few decent articles as well.

EDIT: wrong SF score...nothing to see here folks!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ESPN NFL 2k5 9.5 / 9.5 GOTM theedge: Xbox
Madden NFL 2005 8.75 / 8.75 theedge: Xbox

Oh snap!!!

Glad to see somebody take issue with the abortion of a 'collector's package' that is SF Anniversary. Third Strike is a great game but Hyper SFII <<<<<< a collection of emulated arcade ROMs.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Kobun Heat said:
Glad to see somebody take issue with the abortion of a 'collector's package' that is SF Anniversary. Third Strike is a great game but Hyper SFII <<<<<< a collection of emulated arcade ROMs.

Which is essentially the point of their review. That and it's dissapointing that an "anniversary" collection has no real bonuses. They too stress 3rd strike as being the high point.

MoxManiac

3rd Strike could stand on it's own as a seperate product (and it is in two other territories) so I honestly see nothing to complain about the collection. HSF2 was full priced over Japan or close to it if I recall.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
ToyMachine228 said:
What's the cover story?

Midnight Club III Dub. List of cars, pictures, etc. Big article on EA and their different studios (number of people, location, etc.). Editorial (kinda funny) about how developers can't please everyone by the guy in charge of mega man anniversary collection. Never mentions his game though.

Some really good previews, including one on "Marc Ecko's Getting Up" by the Collective which I had never heard of before.

AssMan

Banned
What's the cover story?

Marc Ecko is making an action game like Jet Set Radio, but with more depth and realistic graphics. So far it doesn't sound that bad.

EDIT-I'm sorry. The front cover is Midnight Club 3.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
AssMan said:
Marc Ecko is making an action game like Jet Set Radio, but with more depth and realistic graphics. So far it doesn't sound that bad.

The pictures are really nice. It's an urban adventure that avoids the stereotypes of urban games, lol. The movement and combat sound nice (hopefully this is Buffy Collective).

cvxfreak

MoxManiac said:
3rd Strike could stand on it's own as a seperate product (and it is in two other territories) so I honestly see nothing to complain about the collection. HSF2 was full priced over Japan or close to it if I recall.

3980 Yen IIRC.

Solid

Viewtiful Joe on PS2 gets much love. Usually ports gets lower scores but not this time.

4.5, Gamepro
8.5 / 8.5 / 9.0 *Silver*, EGM
9/10, PSM
A-, Play Magazine
9.5 / 9.25, IG

Maybe Dante and Dual Shock 2 makes the difference :p

Deepthroat said:
Viewtiful Joe on PS2 gets much love. Usually ports gets lower scores but not this time.

4.5, Gamepro
9/10, PSM
A-, Play Magazine
9.5 / 9.25, IG

I doubt it. And VJ was made for the CG controller, I can't imagine playing it on Dual Shock and it feeling as smooth.

Soul4ger

Deepthroat said:

4.5, Gamepro
9/10, PSM
A-, Play Magazine
9.5 / 9.25, IG

I think people might be putting a big push on to get readers to take serious interest. I'm not bothered either way, I already own it. It does deserve the praise.

Anyway, giving SFA a 5/10 is just stupid. Even if Anniversary game isn't all that great, you're still getting Street Fighter III: Third Strike, perhaps the best 2D fighter, for just $30. Doesn't make much sense to me...

I'm looking at the issue here, and I see Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection with a score of two 8s.

Armored Core: Nexus is right next to it with a 7.25/5

Just a mix up, it seems.

ferricide

MoxManiac said:
I have no idea how much that is in $.
fortunately this information is easily discovered thanks to the powers of the internet.

i haven't seen the GI yet, but i'm curious to read that SF review.

i always wonder what the point of their second opinion scores are. do they ever disagree?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GSG Flash said:
When are we gonna be seeing some burnout 3 scores?

The new EGM issue has Burnout 3 reviewed. It got game of the month with the following scores: 9.0, 9.5, 9.0

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Legomancer said:
I'm looking at the issue here, and I see Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection with a score of two 8s.

Armored Core: Nexus is right next to it with a 7.25/5

Just a mix up, it seems.

LOL. A little mis-type and the GAF goes crazy!!! Anyhow, thanks for noticing it, I went and read the reviews more fully and I was wondering how many more angry messages before it was fixed.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wario64 said:
The new EGM issue has Burnout 3 reviewed. It got game of the month with the following scores: 9.0, 9.5, 9.0

Holy crap!!

Nice, it's definitely on the top of my September's must buy games list now.

And you know what? If reviews complain that VJ2 is just more of the same...And give it lower scores, then I'm going to be pissed. Because that's all the PS2 port of VJ is. Just more of the same with a little bonus. But VJ2 is more than that...Ugh, I see it coming already.

ToyMachine228 said:
And you know what? If reviews complain that VJ2 is just more of the same...And give it lower scores, then I'm going to be pissed. Because that's all the PS2 port of VJ is. Just more of the same with a little bonus. But VJ2 is more than that...Ugh, I see it coming already.

That's what you expect from a port though, you expect it to be more of the same, so if it comes out fast enough like VJ has it's hard to criticize it. You expect alot more from a sequel though, they aren't just suppose to be repackaging of the original with some new features and levels (not saying that's what VJ2 is).

ferricide said:
i always wonder what the point of their second opinion scores are. do they ever disagree?

I've noticed that ... GI has a like +/- 0.5 tolerance on second opinions. All they ever do, really, is say "that first guy is right!" Uh ... thanks for the vote of confidence.

FightyF

Banned
How can these idiots rate NHL 2005 over ESPN NHL 2005? They just lost all cred with those scores.

They did this last year as well.

I agree. This, along with the Madden/ESPN NFL score (you can think that ESPN NFL is better, but not that much better!), really makes you question their credibility.

Top Bottom