• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Service required. Call customer support

Ryck

Im gonna go out on a limb and say my xbox is dead right? Green screen and it says Service required. Call customer support in various different languages, Please advise. I mean should I call microsoft how long is their warranty????

Ryck

Also it had an error code 07 which apparantly (I checked online) means the hd timed out...at this point can I just buy a new hard drive and install it???

ge-man

Call even if your warranty is out. You never know if you can get a break or not on the repair.

As for the harddrive issue, I don't think it is as simple as just installing a new one. There are a lot people on here who have tinkered with their Xboxes, so hopefully some will chime in and give you the details on the harddrive issue.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think you'll need to somehow put the Xbox dashboard on the new HD for it to work, and it'll also need to be locked since the retail Xbox dashboard will not boot if the HD is unlocked (I think)

Mind as well get a new HD and mod the thing :p (if the HD is the issue)

Ryck

Wario64 said:
I think you'll need to somehow put the Xbox dashboard on the new HD for it to work, and it'll also need to be locked since the retail Xbox dashboard will not boot if the HD is unlocked (I think)

Mind as well get a new HD and mod the thing :p (if the HD is the issue)
I thought the same thing (about the modding) but it seems so complicated, and I don't know a place around here that does it..

does anyone know the number for xbox customer service their website is a joke.....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ryck said:
I thought the same thing (about the modding) but it seems so complicated, and I don't know a place around here that does it..

I recently got mine modded. I just searched the modchip installer forum at xbox-scene.com and searched for modders around my area. You should consider trying that if you really want to get it modded. People will even accept mail ins but you'd have to pay shipping both ways probably

Ryck

Wario64 said:
I recently got mine modded. I just searched the modchip installer forum at xbox-scene.com and searched for modders around my area. You should consider trying that if you really want to get it modded. People will even accept mail ins but you'd have to pay shipping both ways probably
thank you very much, found a very reputable guy in san diego... woo hoo!!!!

Top Bottom