• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sewer Shark apprecia- errr... "remembrance" thread

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Severely letterboxed grainy video:

Dogmeat! With shooting like that we'll never make it to Solar City! You're going to get the Hole Hog blown to bits!

screenshot1.jpg

GigaDrive

Banned
definitally one of the worst "games" ever made.

Sega CD should have been used for cheaper games and more arcade conversions of games that used sprite scaling & rotation and Neo Geo ports. not for FMV shit like SS and NT.

lol, all my friends bought into that crap when it first came out. "OMG!! LOOK AT THE GRAPHIKS!!" Dude, it's a video. lol. What a hunk of poo the Sega CD was..

mosaic

go eat paint
I actually liked Cobra Command, aka Thunder Storm FX. It was a better rail shooter than Sewer Shark and had a few exciting scenes.

"Tanks behind the moai!"

GDJustin

clipunderground said:
lol, all my friends bought into that crap when it first came out. "OMG!! LOOK AT THE GRAPHIKS!!" Dude, it's a video. lol. What a hunk of poo the Sega CD was..

I totally bought into it all too. I couldn't believe anything that realistic was coming out of my sega CD, FMV or not.

WarPig

I bought one of those 20-dollar Sega CDs at Toys R Us, and the box claimed it had a pack-in copy of Sewer Shark inside. Luckily, it had Sonic CD instead.

DFS.

Dyne

WarPig said:
I bought one of those 20-dollar Sega CDs at Toys R Us, and the box claimed it had a pack-in copy of Sewer Shark inside. Luckily, it had Sonic CD instead.

DFS.

Lucky. Very lucky.

I bought my Sega CD a few years ago and the store practically gave me Sewer Sharks for free. I could only stand about 5 minutes of it, and I never touched it again.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
clipunderground said:

Yeah, but you have to remember that video was really unique and new at the time (for a game, that is). Today, a videoclip means nothing...but back then, it was much more impressive.

I never bought into the whole "video" craze, though. Pretty stupid...

mosaic

go eat paint
Screw all the h8ers -- Sega CD had "Make Your Own Music Videos." Not even the PS2 or Xbox has the power to handle a game like Kris Kross Make My Video.

"Warm it up Kris"

"I'm about to"

"Warm it up Kris"

"That's what I was born to do."

snapty00

Banned
Fucking awesome game. Yeah, I know it's trendy for the self-proclaimed videogame elite to dislike FMV games nowadays, but it was a great game. It was interesting listening to the audio commands from the robot and then following them. The FMV wasn't all that great, but I have to admit that I was pretty stoked whenever I found a new FMV.

dark10x said:
Yeah, but you have to remember that video was really unique and new at the time (for a game, that is). Today, a videoclip means nothing...but back then, it was much more impressive.

I never bought into the whole "video" craze, though. Pretty stupid...

Yeah, for the average joe I guess it was cool, to me though it was like watching a movie with features. Except the movie sucked and so did the "features" they were passing off as a game. It all seemed like such a scam to me back then. lol

Kon Tiki

Banned
GigaDrive said:
definitally one of the worst "games" ever made.

Sega CD should have been used for cheaper games and more arcade conversions of games that used sprite scaling & rotation and Neo Geo ports. not for FMV shit like SS and NT.

Night Trap was great. Needs a NDS sequel.

Road Avenger smoked this as an FMV game, but a fairer comparison would be Cobra Command or the Sony Imagesoft stuff, like Ground Zero Texas. I still haven't seen Cliffhanger (Lupin) or Super Don Quixote on home platforms...

I hated that scene in the middle where you thought you were still just watching and waiting for it to end...then the guys says fire, and if you don't react faster than one second, the game ends.... I beat the game, but I can't really say why...maybe boredom.

GDJustin

MightyHedgehog said:
I hated that scene in the middle where you thought you were still just watching and waiting for it to end...then the guys says fire, and if you don't react faster than one second, the game ends.... I beat the game, but I can't really say why...maybe boredom.

Hahahaha that's right I forgot about that part. And yeah, I actually beat the game too.

Top Bottom