• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF4 PSN Tourney - No more online heroes

Hey everyone, this will be the last online tourney that I host until SSF4 comes out. The "random select" tournament from a few weeks back was a great success, so I'll be following the same format but this time you can select your own character.

It's going to be a single session tournament again, meaning we all sit down and play at the same time, and finish the whole thing in one sitting. Access to the GAF sf4 chatroom on PSN will be required for a smooth operation. Ask me if you don't have it, and make sure to add me as a friend on psn if we aren't already.

Time and Date

November 23, Monday, 10pm central

Rules

- 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches and the tourney will be double elimination

- In your reply please post your Gaf tag, psn tag, and chosen character in this format (bolded please)

FindMyFarms - FindMyFarms - Fei Long

- You must play your chosen character in the opening match. The loser has the option to change characters while the winner must keep their character. The same rule applies to the 3rd match if there is one.

- Have fun :D

Participants

1) FindMyFarms - FindMyFarms - Fei Long

2) Leunam - leunam23 - Abel

3) Teknopathetic - MoodyShuffle - Bison

4) Hitokage - hknishino - Chun-Li

5) ~Devil Trigger~ - Cydonian - El Fuerte

6) BotoxAgent - Jenova777 - Cammy

7) JEKKI - JEKKI - Dhalsim

8) spiderjericho - krp1976 - Dan

9) DarkSloth - Exuro45 - Chun-Li

10) DarkSloth's Nephew - Exuro45 - Vega

11) akachan ningen - AkachanNingen - Rufus

12) ThatCrazyGuy - CoolGuy4Life - Zangief

13) Imm0rt4l - GODHAND04 - Gouken

14) GalacticAE - GalacticAE - Ryu

15) Lyte Edge - lyteedge - Chun-Li

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I won't be able to do it at 10pm CT exactly, but 10:10 or 10:15 would probably be ok. Given that it'll probably start late anyway...

Hitokage - hknishino - Chun-Li

JEKKI

I guess I might as well... considering I got more free time for the rest of the year.

JEKKI - JEKKI - Blanka

DarkSloth

DarkSloth - Exuro45 - Chun Li

Quick questions Mr. Farms, can my nephew enter? He doesn't have his own ps3, so he would have to use mine. I swear its not me trying to lose twice!

DarkSloth said:
DarkSloth - Exuro45 - Chun Li

Quick questions Mr. Farms, can my nephew enter? He doesn't have his own ps3, so he would have to use mine. I swear its not me trying to lose twice!

Yeah that's coo

Lyte Edge said:
Awright, I'll see if I can make it.

Lyte Edge - lyteedge - Ms. Li

I'll pop you on the list when you're sure. No hate, just that the no shows ruined it for a few people the last tourney.

OH yeah, I got a headset!:lol :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
FindMyFarms said:
I'll pop you on the list when you're sure. No hate, just that the no shows ruined it for a few people the last tourney.

OH yeah, I got a headset!:lol :lol

I'm sure, LOL Find's Engrish SKILLZ.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Shiz, I would love to participate, but a) I don't know what time American Central is in the GMT zone, and b) I am in the GMT zone...

If lag isn't an issue (I usually get at least 3 bars with non Europeans on a good day), then I'd love to join in.

B-Genius - B-Genius - Gouken

Cheers!

Today is the day. 8 p.m. pacific for me. I'm so going to get owned (looks at characters Roo, Thunder Thighs, Jiggly Puff, Hairy Russian Bear, etc).

Flakes

Devil Trigger - Seriouslyl dude? You were even online. Why do you bother. edit - I guess some of it could be chalked up to network difficulties. But still, 2nd flake!

akachan
thatcrazyguy

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
FindMyFarms said:
Flakes

Devil Trigger - Seriouslyl dude? You were even online. Why do you bother. YOu ignored all the chat invites and didn't respont to my message until halfway through the tourney.

akachan
thatcrazyguy

i was online on time, did'nt get any chat invites

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i was online on time, did'nt get any chat invites

I sent you a million, but I guess they didn't go through.

Anyways, everyone's psn was listed, it's not that hard to ask someone.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GGs everyone! Galactic soundly THRASHED me when I used Chun. Was surprised I was able to get two rounds on him with cheap Rose tactics after.

Sorry about the bout of internet RAGE to DarkSloth. I think we had a misunderstanding after the match. Our connections definitely don't get along...we played the absolutely laggiest match I have ever done afterwards. Gouken vs. Gouken. It was EPIC. :lol

Next tourney, I propose ALL DAN or everyone must use a character they don't main/alt (based on who was used in previous tournies here).

arg, I totally forgot about this! This is what happens(to me) when you have a tournament on a monday night. :p We should have one day after turkey day or on the weekend.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'd be in but I sold my copy and playing against me online would be akin to playing against someone from Antartica.

Top Bottom