• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of Rome Delayed...

I knew it!! There was no hype for this title at all...

btw: good move capcom

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/548/548286p1.html
September 15, 2004 - After making our usual round of early morning phone calls, we've learned from our friends at Capcom that the latest project from Keiji Inafune, known as Shadow of Rome, has been postponed until the first quarter of 2005. The reason for the delay has been attributed to the overcrowded market conditions of this coming holiday season, and it made better business sense to release it next year. Shadow of Rome was originally scheduled for a November 2004 release.

For the unfamiliar, Shadow of Rome is set in the Julius Caesar period of ancient history and follows the exploits of a gladiator who's trying to help clear his father's name for Caesar's murder. Gameplay is divided between two main modes: stealth and combat, and the level of gore is beyond that of just about any other game we've seen. Fans of Onimusha 3 should be happy to know that Shadow of Rome runs on the same engine -- with obvious tweaks and changes where necessary.

We'll have more as soon as it becomes available.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
IGN gets a big "well duh!" :p

I bet it comes out in late February after Devil May Cry 3 or sometime March.

jarrod

Banned
Capcom's going to have a stacked 1st quarter next year...

-Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2/XB)
-Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
-Killer 7 (GC)
-Resident Evil 4 (GC)
-Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2 (PS2)
-Shadow of Rome (PS2)
-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (XB)

...plus some DS/PSP games most likely!

jarrod said:

-Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
-Killer 7 (GC)
-Resident Evil 4 (GC)
-Shadow of Rome (PS2)

Yeah. It's especially weird considering how it's left their Q4 releases barren. You'd think that they'd have pushed for at least some stuff to be on shelves for Xmas. Hopefully this still works out for them and we can see more publishers move away from packing the release schedules to breaking point (and beyond) every year and more evenly spread releases throughout the year. By the looks of it Capcom are going to provide at least 3 of my must buys for the start of the year.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Doom_Bringer said:
I knew it!! There was no hype for this title at all...

btw: good move capcom

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/548/548286p1.html
September 15, 2004 - After making our usual round of early morning phone calls, we've learned from our friends at Capcom that the latest project from Keiji Inafune, known as Shadow of Rome, has been postponed until the first quarter of 2005. The reason for the delay has been attributed to the overcrowded market conditions of this coming holiday season, and it made better business sense to release it next year. Shadow of Rome was originally scheduled for a November 2004 release.

For the unfamiliar, Shadow of Rome is set in the Julius Caesar period of ancient history and follows the exploits of a gladiator who's trying to help clear his father's name for Caesar's murder. Gameplay is divided between two main modes: stealth and combat, and the level of gore is beyond that of just about any other game we've seen. Fans of Onimusha 3 should be happy to know that Shadow of Rome runs on the same engine -- with obvious tweaks and changes where necessary.

We'll have more as soon as it becomes available.

This is complete bollocks. I asked the rep at E3 when this was coming out and he said 'Q1 2005'. What the fuck?

Meier

This title was pretty fun at E3 and the ultra-violence might help it sell here in America, but had it been released this Christmas season it would have been completely and utterly overshadowed.. so good move if this truly is a delay.

jarrod said:

-Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
-Killer 7 (GC)
-Resident Evil 4 (GC)
-Shadow of Rome (PS2)

I think The Nightmare Before Christmas game is also slated for Q1 2k5

Top Bottom