• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooting at Brussels during a joint french and belgian police raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The raid was linked to the terrorist attacks of Paris.

Shots have been fired and a police officer was slightly injured during a raid on a house in Brussels linked to the Paris attacks.
Media reported the anti-terror raid took place in the Forest neighborhood which is close to Molenbeek, home of several people involved in the Nov. 13 attacks on Paris that killed 130 people.

Two suspects were on the run after the incident, according to local newspaper reports.

According to Dernière Heure, the police came under Kalashnikov fire.
The Belgian news website said that two suspects had escaped onto the roofs of nearby houses and it is believed they abandoned their weapons in the cellar of a house.
Pauline Gautier, a local reporter for Radio Contact, tweeted that that two suspects have been injured and are holed up on a roof.
Police expected the flat they were searching to be empty when they came under fire. One expert said it was "surprising" that they had not discreetly checked it really was empty before approaching the property.
French and Belgian authorities are on the hunt for Salah Abdeslam, a prime suspect in the Paris attacks and who was last seen in a Brussels suburb shortly after the attacks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...t-at-during-raid-linked-to-Paris-attacks.html

Lock if old

spekkeh

Banned
Stupid police actions forcing these kids to radicalize and fire kalashnikovs something something liberal lalaland.

Stupid police actions forcing these kids to radicalize and fire kalashnikovs something something liberal lalaland.

Well that was stupid.

Why not discuss the actual event and not carry over some passive aggressive nonsense from a different thread?

Glad no-one was killed.

spekkeh

Banned
Yes I admit to baiting a bit there. Apparently there's a day care in the zoned off area, so I hope they catch them quickly.

Well that was stupid.

Why not discuss the actual event and not carry over some passive aggressive nonsense from a different thread?

Glad no-one was killed.

Since the situation is still ongoing with 1 suspected barricaded in an appartement and another on the run, there"s still a risk that it may change.

Fingers crossed it ends with no deaths.

The livestream isn't working for me unfortunately, unless it's already over?

Not working for me either, I think it's region locked. I'm personally watching a french news network.

According to them 4 police officer were injured with on severely injured on the head and ear.

Joni

There is at least one death outside, one guy wounded inside. It is speculated the wounded guy is Salah Abdeslam himself, aka Europe's Most Wanted.

There is at least one death outside, one guy wounded inside. It is speculated the wounded guy is Salah Abdeslam himself, aka Europe's Most Wanted.

I really hope they catch the guy alive. With him seemingly having cold feet at the last minute he may give some valuable informations.

itsgreen

Belgian broadcaster VTM reports that he is indeed one of the two man wounded. He is alive and was shot in the leg.

But his identity still has to be formally identified..

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There's no way he could have gone anywhere except in the few hours after the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom