• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Short Term Dating - Good or Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im leaving AZ in a month but I started actively 'seeing' a girl despite this. I reminded her but she still seems a go. In any case im cool with it but I think it will make leaving a harder experience.

However its nice to get back on the wagon after a long 'rest' period. Not an advice thread so dont post advice, just wondering at the potential pitfalls or merits you find in this sort of relationship.

Gattsu25 said:
2 months later finding a letter in your mailbox asking for child support

BabyAngryFace!

Mad_Levi_and_Winnie.jpg

This thread is so predictable. ALl the posts are going to say

"FHUTA"

or

"Hit it while you can. You'll be out of state in a month anyways."

Short-term can be a load of fun if you aren't sold on a relationship. If the girl's getting pretty serious (or if you are), it can be pretty painful though, especially if it really coulda worked. Just take it day-by-day and as the move date approaches, talk it over with her. She might be worth staying for, but if she isn't, at least you had a damn good time of it, and hey, maybe she might decide to eventually move up with you.

It's a day-by-day thing. Also, FHUTA.

MonkeyBoy

the best part of short term relationships is that it will end shortly and you don't have to worry about long term bagage. but to think more seriously, you spoke of having a harder time leaving Az, if you get her involved she may have just as hard of feelings, and we all know that long-distance relationships are a pain. first examine both your situations and if you are serious enough to deal with the outcomes.

Mason

Yeah, if you really like her I wouldn't do it. It will just complicate things.

But if you just sort of enjoy her company and are sure you won't get too attached, by all means FHUTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom