• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I get Viewtiful Joe?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It isn't Ninja Gaiden hard. Buy it. There is a really easy difficulty level if you're truly that weak though

SantaC

Don't choose adult. That's what I did, and I made it to magnicifient 5 and have pretty much given up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Also, check out the 'superplay' video of someone getting Viewtiful ratings 100% with Dante in Ultra V-Rated mode

Dante Ultra V-rated

I think he even gets 100% of those V-item thingys that give your more SFX power

I just got the PS2 version this last Friday, and it is GREAT. It not to hard and it doesn't get boring, thier is alot of variety in play. It is the BEST capcom game sine Resident Evil series and Powerstone 1.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
PS2 version is pretty damn good.

But if you can get it for Gamecube cheaper, then go with the GC version.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I don't know if there are new difficulties in the PS2 version, but even the Kids difficulty is harder than most games I play today it seems. But not unfairly so, I suck at games at got most of the way through it (I could have finished it if I was more persistent, I've lost a lot of patience from my youth).

I hate the magnificent 5 though, I hate all games which make me do things like that.

Deepthroat said:
Ok thanks! Final question, how long is it? Can you actually replay the game using Dante?
It took me just about 5hrs to complete it the first time on Kids, and the game is good enough for another loop or three even.

Vlad

I have it on the GC, and I've found that the difficulty is just right. I died a lot, but it's one of those games where you get a little better each time you play it, and (for the most part), you can see where you messed up when you died.

I personally found the default difficulty (Kids) to actually be too easy, as I blew through the first three levels on the first sitting. I started over on Adults, and found it to be just right. There was a lot of dying involved, but it was a lot more satisfying to play.

My main beef with the game is that in order to really play the game "correctly", you've got to somewhat play defensively. This isn't like DMC where you can take the fight to the enemy and get rewarded for it. In practically every fight of the game, your best bet is to stand in front of an enemy, wait for them to attack, dodge the attack, THEN start your attack once they're dizzy/confused/etc.

Still a great game, though, and quite replayable.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Oh! My Car! said:
It took me just about 5hrs to complete it the first time on Kids, and the game is good enough for another loop or three even.

5 hours? I just played through it again up to the magnificent 5 recently and it took me a hell of a lot longer than that. I think I only died about twice too, and that would only set me back about 5 minutes each time.

I guess it depends which moves you're using of course, I like disposing of enemies in slow rather than fast gnerally, I find it a lot more fun.

Vlad

Deepthroat said:
Ok ok, so how many difficult levels is there? Kids = Easy, Adult = Normal?

Pretty much. There's also a "sweet" mode on the PS2 version that's supposedly even easier than Kids. One thing you should note, though (minor difficulty level spoilers):
there's two additional difficulty levels above Adults, V-Rated and Ultra V-Rated. V-Rated is unlocked when you beat Adults, and Ultra V-Rated is unlocked when you beat V-Rated. If you beat the game on Adults, you can carry over all the upgrades and stuff you purchased into a new game on a different difficulty level. However, you can NOT do this if you beat the game in Kid's mode, so you're going to have to buy everything all over again.

Top Bottom