• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shrek 2 another success weekend overseas: beats Nemo in Australia, Azkaban holds well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...va_ne_al/whole_world_caught_in_spidey_snare_1

Glowing green

"Shrek 2," DreamWorks' ogre sequel, also showed impressive legs with $44 million in more than 30 markets to lift international cume to $250 million. In its second weekend in Blighty, it took in $12 million, while its soph seshes in Germany and Spain totaled $6 million and $5 million, respectively, and its third weekend in France grossed $5.5 million.

The U.K. cume for "Shrek 2" has hit $51 million, while France is at $32 million, Germany $18 million and Spain $19 million.

Aussie cume for "Shrek 2" has hit $30 million, surpassing "Finding Nemo" and making the sequel the highest-grossing animated film in that marketplace.

Still showing impressive international legs, Warner's "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" passed the $400 million milestone with a $20.3 million weekend at more than 6,700 sites in 51 countries. Weekend-to-weekend decline was just 22.5%.

The third edition in the Hogwarts saga opened with $1.4 million from 76 screens in Hong Kong, surpassing its predecessors by 7% for the first and 20% for the second. In Japan, "Azkaban" posted a solid third weekend with $8.9 million at 757 screens for a cume of $53.6 million.

It has also made like $410 million here in the US and is on track to outgross The Phantom Menace :)/ oh well) and probably ET...

I saw this movie twice already and I can't wait to see it again... I also love the Sountrack ("Accidentally in Love" is an awesome song by the Counting Crows)...

I've been listening to that and "Holding out for a Hero" for the past 2 days...

BTW, I'm also a fan of Pixar, but Shrek 1 has been one of my favorite movies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom