• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 4 interview

Solid

Not exactly a regular interview, but it's good read if you're interested. They talk about the changes, the Silent Hill movie and some other things.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56424

I found this very interesting since I didn't know it before.

It's certainly a dramatic change alright, but rumour has it that the game didn't even start life as a Silent Hill project. "That's actually the right information you have," Tsuboyama admits. "Originally this development was started from what we named Room 302, rather than Silent Hill, so the original concept wasn't from Silent Hill." Presumably that was to give the game a better chance commercially? He nods. "We started off with the title Room 302, but if the Silent Hill didn't exist then we still had the idea of Room 302. Without Silent Hill we didn't have this title, but because we did have Silent Hill we wanted to have something different, but it's kind of a mixture of ideas."

I've loved every other installment in the SH series but this one doesn't really interest me. It seems clear why now, given that it didn't even start life as a SH game.

Ill Saint

This post in the comments section summed up the interview perfectly.

Ali
25-Aug-04 11:34:07

EG: "We think this bit is a bit crap. Guys?"
K: "We wanted it to be like that, it's actually good."
EG: "We disagree. It's a bit crap."

Bit of a dodgy read, really. Still looking forward to the game in any case.

Seems just like a bastard sequel, not a real entry into the SH series. I'll pick this one up cheap & wait for the real SH4, should it ever come.

SaitoH

Little disappointing to read, but I still have to pick this title when it's released next month.

I'm longing for a Silent Hill game that has the atmosphere of the 3rd game, the story of the 2nd game and the puzzles from the first.

^_~

Top Bottom