• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection \OT\ There was a voice here. It's gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shhdgaflogo.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the Silent Hill HD Collection?

Glad you asked. If you never owned a PS2 (or PC) from 2001 to 2003, you're in for a surprise! The Silent Hill HD collection is obviously that - a bundle of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3... in HD! That is to say, both game's textures have been upscaled and treated to a shiny new coat of paint! And that doesn't even take into account the absolute pitch-perfect survival horror these games present. Wait... did I say survival horror? I mean, 'psychlogical-you'll-shit-your-pants-because-you-can't-see-what's-coming-horror.'

sh2sh3.jpg

There we go.

Why should I care?

Because of Silent Hill 2. Without a doubt, SH2 will change the way you look at video game narratives. If you have never played it before, you are in for a real treat. There isn't really much else I can say other than you have to experience it for yourself. Anything less (youtube play-throughs) are in an injustice. Make a sandwich, boot up the game, and prepare yourself.

...and Silent Hill 3?

Silent Hill 3 is absolutely ingenious in its own right. It ties itself in with the very first Silent Hill, including characters and references ahoy. SH3 completes the package. And you will learn to love Heather. Love 'er.

How do the games play?

I'm not even answering this. If you have any inkling for adventure, horror, and characters who have even an ounce of fucking substance, play these two games. I promise. You'll walk away a different gamer than you were before.

So what's so new about this package?

Well, the purty graphics are one thing. The new voices are another.

Here's something to dwell on. ( <-- link )

But I liked the old voices...

So did I, my friend. So did I. Fortunately, Silent Hill 2 offers players a choice between the original voices, and the new ones. Silent Hill 3, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. ( <-- click the link) Take your pick, argue about it on GAF, and enjoy the ride.

And what else?

Get freaked the fuck out, that's what else. If you've never had the opportunity to play the games before... well, this might be your last shot at ever playing them. Unless you happen to dig up an old PS2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DETAILS:

consolelogos.jpg

RELEASE:

March 20th, 2012 - North America

March 9th, 2012 - Europe

March 29th, 2012 - Asia

# OF PLAYERS

1 (no multiplayer or kill streaks, suck a dick)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayeya

Banned
Those 2 games are among the best Horror games ever, glad that more gamers will be able to experience them, but my problem with this collection is that its coming at the worst possible time for me,,,, i am in the process of preparing for my wedding, preparing the house, platinuming demons souls, soon to be playing FFXIII-2, soon soon to be playing MGS HD collection, SFvsT and dmc hd,,,,,, If only you can clone yourself

I'm very interested in these games, but I have not touched the first Silent Hill.

Will it matter?

Not really. They do a little summary of the events in SH1 during Silent Hill 3. The only thing you'll miss out on are the references to the first game. Silent Hill 2 is a spiritual sequel with no real connection to the first game aside from the name of the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom