• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

I had RCI demand sharing lag in the beta, it could possibly still be present.

Altermnatively, perhaps your sims are having a hard time commuting? Or the freight from the other city has a hard time being delivered to your commercial zones?

Ah, it must of just been lag then. I destroyed all my industrial in my new city, and no one is complaining and the demand hasn't risen.

RoKKeR

Using the same account, right? Yeah that's possible.

It works the same way that multi city play worked in SC4. When you exit a city. that city's status is "frozen" in time, and it'll continue functioning and providing services or whatever to everyone else, the same as it was at that moment.
Ok great. So cities are essentially separate entities within a region that function while you're away or not focusing on that particular city?

That should work then.

Phreaker

Does anyone know how the 20 off a purchase of 30 or more works? And can it work towards another copy of SC?

No, it can only be used on these games: http://store.origin.com/SimCityCoupon

And from the email it looks at though it has to be used by MARCH 18, 2013 AT 10:00AM PST

Sorry, was confused about Origin (and how you have to install it and all) until just now. I think the confusion stems from my Origin account existing only for Mass Effect 2/360 and never having logged into it via the client.

I'll find my way to you guys soon. =)

Oh, that's probably it. I was the same.

Really disappointed that Amazon doesn't seem to be sending any keys out until another 3 hours. The discount is nice but I can't see myself ordering from them in future for digital if they can't get it out at the proper launch time.

SRTtoZ

How do I know which gaf-region, etc, I'm in? How do I even access this? :\

Make sure you have someone who is creating the region and if there is, you should get an invite to the private GAF region and then you select your city from there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's some, not sure how much though. Might need to switch it to a different resource depending on abundance...it also shows ore and coal.

I thought you had 1 oil, and like 2/3 ore/coal. Stasis is the one with 3 oil :p (even I have 2... but I'm not planning on drilling, at least not initially...)

Really disappointed that Amazon doesn't seem to be sending any keys out until another 3 hours. The discount is nice but I can't see myself ordering from them in future for digital if they can't get it out at the proper launch time.

In their defense, it's the same tactic Microsoft is trying to use against Sony on consoles. Timed-exclusives. It works on some. =p

N-Bomb

Make sure you have someone who is creating the region and if there is, you should get an invite to the private GAF region and then you select your city from there.

Alright so... seems like a chicken and egg problem. :)

Anyone in NA east starting a region, let me know!

It was in the OP, down a ways: http://metalmurphy.org/SimCity/ Did you sign up during enrollment?

I didn't even know this thread existed until today. I'm in the 'list', whatever that does me.

Fixed1979

I thought you had 1 oil, and like 2/3 ore/coal. Stasis is the one with 3 oil :p (even I have 2... but I'm not planning on drilling, at least not initially...)

You may be right, IGN says it has a "sampling" of the 3 resources...may need to rethink my plan of attack once I get in there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
the download time for this is gonna be laughable.

Here's to it being done when I wake up tomorrow, so I don't have to leave my PC on while at work.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Looks like I got added to Titan Gorge (2), thanks MetalMurphy!

Hickory Ridge looks like a decent challenge, we'll see how it goes. Happy to see it's a wealthy region though, looks like I'll be going for a low pollution green layout. If you're in the region you can friend me...

Origin: Waluvil

Stasis

I might actually manage to play a bit tonight (assuming everything launches correctly, too) so I'll run the tutorial and do a quick solo thing to get some of the messing up out of the way.

Then I'll come drill the shit out of the 3 oil I have and hopefully be able to contribute to something!

FINALBOSS

Banned
For the people who are posting the origin IDs now so late, you should be the ones to add the people in your region--since the rest of us are mostly all friended up from our regions.

Just sayin'.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Looks like I got added to Titan Gorge (2), thanks MetalMurphy!

Hickory Ridge looks like a decent challenge, we'll see how it goes. Happy to see it's a wealthy region though, looks like I'll be going for a low pollution green layout. If you're in the region you can friend me...

Origin: Waluvil

Think you're in the 4 with me. Wanted some river crossings to deal with, and Mesquite was what was left at that particular moment. Looks like a large river though, so my available space might be meh...

Here's to hoping I can bottle up the freshwater of the river and sell it!

Or sell timeshares on BRIDGESBRIDGESBRIDGES

SRTtoZ

For the people who are posting the origin IDs now so late, you should be the ones to add the people in your region--since the rest of us are mostly all friended up from our regions.

Just sayin'.

I'm going to try to be the Discovery Delta 3 guy but that depends on DL time and if I can figure out how to do it correctly. I will try though. STAY TUNED.

why don't they let you preload it :/

EA PR: SimCity launches in the US on March 4, 2013 with astounding success. We are pleased to announce that while some may have trouble downloading the game please be patient while the servers are at max capacity, we want to offer everyone extra hours to play the game. Please contact your boss or manage so you may come in late for work as you enjoy this incredible game.

Midnight has struck.

th_dinosaur_waiting.gif

Top Bottom