• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sinners from Ryan Coogler and Michael B Jordan

jason10mm

Gold Member
Heh, thought this was a sequel to this...

and maybe it is, looks like the evil they are fighting is white women :p

But give me some BAR and tommy gun action and I'm down!

Wonder if this is gonna tie into Tulsa. Timeline might work.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Heh, thought this was a sequel to this...

and maybe it is, looks like the evil they are fighting is white women :p

But give me some BAR and tommy gun action and I'm down!

Wonder if this is gonna tie into Tulsa. Timeline might work.

It looks like it's after 1921. Like the 1930s maybe? I dunno. I have a theory this is about demons and vampires... Ryan Coogler is said to be making this a franchise. Like Lethal Weapon, not MCU.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
It looks like it's after 1921. Like the 1930s maybe? I dunno. I have a theory this is about demons and vampires... Ryan Coogler is said to be making this a franchise. Like Lethal Weapon, not MCU.
Yeah, probably right. I heard it's vampires but who can say? Wonder if he will lean into voodoo and what not or just how much this twin angle will play into it.

Still, it looks like they "heal with steel" and it's been a loooong stretch since we've had a gunplay horror flick so I'm in! Wish this was a Halloween release.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yeah, probably right. I heard it's vampires but who can say? Wonder if he will lean into voodoo and what not or just how much this twin angle will play into it.

Still, it looks like they "heal with steel" and it's been a loooong stretch since we've had a gunplay horror flick so I'm in! Wish this was a Halloween release.
Agreed. This looks perfect for Halloween!

Jinzo Prime

Thank GIF

Sothern Gothic is a very underrated setting for movies and videogames. I might have to go see this if it has some genuine horror.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's definitely atmospheric... Coogler does that very well... Haven't looked forward to a movie of his like this since Fruitvale Station

Edit: sorry I meant Creed... Not Fruitvale... Although that movie had me in the feels A LOT!

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
It's definitely atmospheric... Coogler does that very well... Haven't looked forward to a movie of his like this since Fruitvale Station

Edit: sorry I meant Creed... Not Fruitvale... Although that movie had me in the feels A LOT!

Finally saw the trailer and looks good

Also Hailee Stenfield dancing in that trailer looking mighty fine there 👀

Top Bottom